2006 Grand Marquis unveiled

Started by BMWDave, August 10, 2005, 01:29:20 PM

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

giant_mtb

The front fascia is more upright instead of laid back, and it's a bit different...that's about the only changes I really see off the top of my head.

:praise:  Rockon, Marquis, Rockon.  :rockon:  

TBR

It does look better, but I have to wonder if they are ever go to make one big change, instead of just a lot of gradual ones.

Raghavan

giant_mtb

QuoteIt does look better, but I have to wonder if they are ever go to make one big change, instead of just a lot of gradual ones.
I don't think they really need to...it sells strongly and if they make a large change they might lose some of their customers.

ifcar

QuoteIt does look better, but I have to wonder if they are ever go to make one big change, instead of just a lot of gradual ones.
1999 brought a more-than-gradual update, as did 2003 (except for the Town Car).

Any changes to the platform, powertrain, and/or interior, or is this update just for the grille?

TBR

Any changes to the platform, powertrain, and/or interior, or is this update just for the grille?
Sure all of the sheetmetal was changed, but the car still looked too much like its predecessor imho.

Raza

Interior gets new leather, real wood, and brushed aluminum.  The trans moves from a 4 speed auto to a 5 speed, with an optional 6 speed manual mated to the Mustang Cobra's supercharged V8.  Dynamic traction and stability control, with an off button, a revised sporty suspension, and Torsen limited slip differential.  18" all around, with 285 width rear tires, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s.  DVD satnav is available, as is a 10 speaker Bose system (an 8 speaker Harmon Kardon is standard).  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

mazda6er

Interior gets new leather, real wood, and brushed aluminum.  The trans moves from a 4 speed auto to a 5 speed, with an optional 6 speed manual mated to the Mustang Cobra's supercharged V8.  Dynamic traction and stability control, with an off button, a revised sporty suspension, and Torsen limited slip differential.  18" all around, with 285 width rear tires, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s.  DVD satnav is available, as is a 10 speaker Bose system (an 8 speaker Harmon Kardon is standard).
Sounds good.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

ifcar

Sounds good.
Sounds inaccurate. A Grand Marquis with a sport suspension and a 6-speed manual?  <_<

BMWDave

Sounds good.
Sounds inaccurate. A Grand Marquis with a sport suspension and a 6-speed manual?  <_<
I think its Raza making something up again, there is no way that is true :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

Wow, I must not have read that thourougly at all. "sounds good". I'm such a retard.  :P
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

QuoteWow, I must no have read that thourougly at all. "sounds good". I'm such a retard.  :P
Of course it sounds great, its just not true :lol:  :D  

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

It does sound authentic, though, doesn't it?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

mazda6er

QuoteIt does sound authentic, though, doesn't it?
Authentic enough for a glance by me to be fooled. I was wondering about the 6-speed and the limited slip diff, but I figured hey, there is the "Marauder".
--Mark

Raza

Authentic enough for a glance by me to be fooled. I was wondering about the 6-speed and the limited slip diff, but I figured hey, there is the "Marauder".
Yeah, well.  It's my dream for the Marauder.  It would have been a great car with that stuff, instead it was just a flop that did 0-60 in over 7 seconds.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

There was the Marauder, you mean.

Raza

Did it get the official ax?  Maybe the used prices will be decent, make it a cool daily driver.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

Did it get the official ax?  Maybe the used prices will be decent, make it a cool daily driver.
It did get axed, I believe.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

I don't think it even made it into 2005 MY.  

Raza

QuoteI don't think it even made it into 2005 MY.
They had them on the lots at my local dealer.  Leftover '04s this long?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

That appears to be the case. I'm seeing no indication that the Marauder made it past 04.

Raza

QuoteThat appears to be the case. I'm seeing no indication that the Marauder made it past 04.
Another good idea that came out wrong.  And so many bad ideas become successful.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raghavan

QuoteThat appears to be the case. I'm seeing no indication that the Marauder made it past 04.
Another good idea that came out wrong.  And so many bad ideas become successful.
like FWD. :(  

Raza

like FWD. :(
FWD has its place.  It's cheaper, less complicated, and appropriate for smaller chassis.  Not everything has to be RWD.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i