SMS will honour Saleen warranties

Started by SVT666, April 06, 2009, 08:43:19 AM

SVT666

Contending with bad PR these days is seemingly the new norm. To many owners, the collapse of Saleen, Inc was a shock and a major let-down, and it left many wondering what they were to do going forward.  After Steve Saleen ventured off on his own with SMS Limited, there seemed to be even less hope in the eyes of Saleen owners and Ford Mustang fans alike.  Yesterday, however, a little bit of confidence was restored in the Saleen brand of times past, with Steve Saleen announcing that his new venture would honor existing owner warranties on cars and aftermarket parts.  Check out the specifics on how owners can get their claims made in the official press release from SMS Supercars.

Press Release

Orange County, California. (April 2, 2009) In an unusual step, SMS Supercars Chairman and CEO, Steve M. Saleen, announced a new and bold measure today with regards to customer warranty on products of his former company, Saleen, Inc.

Saleen Inc. announced it has ceased all operations, claims it has sold certain assets to MJ Acquisitions, Inc, and has even changed its name. In a statement made on March 6, 2009 to all Saleen dealers, MJ Acquisitions announced that while "regrettably, Saleen, Inc. is unable to honor any warranties," MJ Acquisitions will "not be responsible or obligated to cover warranties and/or financial liabilities of Saleen, Inc."

Said Steve Saleen "I was saddened about the way the current owners of the proud company I founded, and which held onto my name after my departure two years ago, have now dealt with my loyal and longtime customers." Steve Saleen, who founded Saleen over 25 years ago and who remained its CEO until 2006, left the company completely in the spring of 2007. Since then Mr. Saleen has had no control of, or operational role with, his former company, its operations or its current shareholders, Hancock Park Associates.

Said Steve Saleen, "The ones who have been left out in the cold are the loyal customers of Saleen products. While my new company, SMS Supercars, has no legal or moral obligation to take up any of the warranty claims against Saleen Inc. or MJ Acquisitions, Inc., I would like to make a bold statement on the right way to treat customers."

"If any Saleen customer in the United States who purchased a Saleen Inc. product up until February 2, 2009, has a warranty claim, they can directly contact my new company, SMS Supercars," continued Mr. Saleen. "We will honor their remaining warranties as if they were SMS Supercars warranties." SMS Supercars' warranty terms will apply.

"This unusual step in uncertain times is a measure to assure that my past and future customers, as well as Saleen and Ford dealers around the United States, continue to have faith in products bearing my name", said Mr. Saleen, who went on to say, "Customers who have bought a Saleen product in the past will receive the attention and care they and the Saleen products deserve."

"Despite claims from any other company", continues Mr. Saleen, "SMS Supercars is the only company that today offers products endorsed by Steve Saleen."

SMS Supercars, based in Orange County, California, is a manufacturer of high-end lifestyle performance vehicles. As his first new product, Steve Saleen launched the new SMS 570 Challenger in Newport Beach, CA, on January 21, 2009. The world premiere of the new SMS 570X Challenger is scheduled for April 9, 2009, at 1.30 pm on the New York International Auto Show.

Customers with warranty claims can contact the SMS Supercars warranty department at (714) 400-2121, warranty@smssupercars.com or visit www.smssupercars.com.

r0tor

he should buy his old company back for $1...
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: the Teuton on April 06, 2009, 09:25:30 AM
That takes fortitude.

In the short term.
In the long term he'll be pretty bu$y.

People forget that that's how small businesses grow into big businesses. Caring for the customer.
Will

Vinsanity

Very smart business move. You take care of your customers, and they take care of you.

the Teuton

So when is the SMS S5 Raptor coming out?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

sandertheshark