Chrysler hints at future model lineup

Started by SVT666, April 08, 2009, 05:14:37 PM

SVT666

Chrysler hints at future model lineup with Fiat 500 cameo

Chrysler?s press conference at the 2009 New York Auto Show centered around the company?s all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, but the Michigan automaker managed to sneak in some details about what the future Chrysler will look like.

En route to the 2011 Grand Cherokee?s unveiling, Chrysler co-president Jim Press arrived in a Fiat 500, indicating an alliance with the Italian automaker might be further along than first thought. Press said no deal had been struck with Fiat as of yet, but assured the audience Chrysler is working around the clock to secure the alliance. Press even joked that the 500 is about ?the size of a HEMI engine.?

Laconian

If/when the Fiat deal falls through they are going to look even stupider.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

2o6

Why would it fall through?

-----------------

I think the Fiat Linea has some Chrysler DNA in it already. (In terms of Styling)

Laconian

Given Chrysler's poisoned relationships with suppliers and consumers, debt load, lackluster portfolio, government debts, and bad management, a better question would be... why would it not fall through?

They're grasping at straws now. I bet Fiat is going to release a statement contradicting all of this tomorrow, just like they did when Chrysler erroneously claimed that Fiat was willing to pay back their debt to the government.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

cozmik

Fiat seems pretty serious about the tie up. It apparently is the least expensive way for them to get back into the US market. From that standpoint, it makes sense. They instantly will have production facilities in North America available and a distribution and dealer network.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

Speed_Racer

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!