Sketch: Jeep Compass Rallye

Started by ifcar, August 11, 2005, 06:10:34 AM

ifcar

Catman

So basically, Jeep will have some car based SUV's and a bunch of "Trail Rated" stuff?  Not a bad move since it may keep more shoppers in the Jeep showroom.  

Catman

BMWDave

Jeep is straying way to far from its roots.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

mazda6er

QuoteJeep is straying way to far from its roots.
At least they're not trying to make sedans.  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

ifcar

A truck-based sedan would actually be interesting.  

mazda6er

QuoteA truck-based sedan would actually be interesting.
I imagine it would come out similar to a Baja or Outback.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

ifcar

The Baja isn't a sedan.  

Catman

There's no reason they shouldn't expand their product line as long as they offer some true 4X4's in the line up.

mazda6er

The Baja isn't a sedan.
:rolleyes:  :rolleyes: Could you not imagine the Baja as a sedan? I merely meant the elevated, "rugged" body style would probably be indicative of any product Jeep would produce as a "sedan".  
--Mark

mazda6er

ifcar, quit launching cats and respond to my post! :angry:
--Mark

ifcar

The Baja isn't a sedan.
:rolleyes:  :rolleyes: Could you not imagine the Baja as a sedan? I merely meant the elevated, "rugged" body style would probably be indicative of any product Jeep would produce as a "sedan".
I don't have to imagine the Baja as a sedan, Subaru already built it:

And the Jeep would be truck-based, not car-based.

93JC

QuoteAnd the Jeep would be truck-based, not car-based.
Why?

280Z Turbo

QuoteJeep is straying way to far from its roots.
Well, it is nice to make money, you know. Soccer moms are where the money is at and they don't want a hardcore offroader.

Serious off-roaders probably aren't going to buy a shiny new Jeep to go off road with anyway.

Want a real Jeep? Here ya' go:

http://search.ebay.com/jeep-cj_Passenger-V..._W0QQsacatZ6001

There should be one there that suits you.

ifcar

Why?
Because that's what I was suggesting.  ;)

If Jeep were to do a sedan, why not be unique about it? Nothing unique about a standard sedan with AWD, but style it around a Grand Cherokee, Liberty, or even Wrangler platform, and you've got something much closer to Jeep-worthy.

Catman

Why?
Because that's what I was suggesting.  ;)

If Jeep were to do a sedan, why not be unique about it? Nothing unique about a standard sedan with AWD, but style it around a Grand Cherokee, Liberty, or even Wrangler platform, and you've got something much closer to Jeep-worthy.
Actually, an Outback type vehicle might work.

giant_mtb

Jeep is committing suicide.  <_<  

280Z Turbo

QuoteJeep is committing suicide.  <_<
See my earlier post. I really don't think they are.