BMW 2 Series Coupe:

Started by BMWDave, August 11, 2005, 11:08:34 AM

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

I see too much Volvo in the taillights.

BMWDave

QuoteI see too much Volvo in the taillights.
So do I, but I think (and hope) that this is just a rendering.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

mazda6er

This is just a coupe version of the 1-series, correct? I like it. By the way, does anyone know if BMW is still going to call the 3-series coupe a 4-series, or did they decide against that?
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

SJ_GTI

Looks good, but since the new 3er has come out it is slowly becoming my favorite. I still like the 5er best, but the more I see of the 3er the more I like it.

Its best feature over other models is the way they have the top of the twin grills as part of the hood, and make it a little bit thicker:

3er:

5er:

Raza

Looks like a small 6 series with a high rear end.  It has potential, though.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cozmik

I kind of like it. The taillights for the rendering actually look to me like they were pulled off a Saab 9-3 and the molded to the Volvo-like shape we see. Still though, not bad.  

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

Raghavan

i dont' really like the back...

Fire It Up

Thats ugly. It looks like somebody crashed a 6 into a 1 and kept the dents.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

FlatBlackCaddy

The side looks horrible IMO, too much room between the rocker and the window, and that odd swoop line doesn't help.

I guess i expect more from BMW, as it stands(from just pictures alone) i'd say the TC has a better profile than this 2er. Mabye i'm just expecting too much.

I'm sure it will sell well though.

TurboDan

I like this car ALOT!  As much as I like the 3er and 5er, for the place where I live, they're both a little too big.  This one is nice, compact, and I'm sure has great handling and a decent interior.  I think it's going to be a good car for a good price.  BMW might have a hit on their hands with this one.

280Z Turbo

Nobody wants to build a good looking small car anymore. They don't care if it's ugly as long as it's roomy. I figured this car was going to look cartoony and cute.

It reminds me of the fugly little Mazda 3.

What happened to sleek small cars? Why don't they make them anymore?