Deep Discounts at OC Lambo

Started by SVT666, April 20, 2009, 12:47:50 PM

SVT666

Deep discounts: OC Lamborghini sold $400,000 Murcielago LP-640 for $60,000

The saga of Orange County Lamborghini ? the world?s former largest Lambo dealer by volume ? is finally coming to an end, with some strange details now coming to light. As you may recall, OC Lamborghini mysterious closed its doors late last year, followed by a hefty lawsuit from Volkswagen Credit. At its peak, OC Lamborghini was responsible for about 5 percent of Lamborghini?s global sales.

Viken Keuylian, OC Lamborghini?s owner, has admitted to defrauding VW credit between $6 million and $20 million. Keuylian also fessed up to selling 54 cars at deep discounts ? the most egregious of which saw OC Lamborghini sell a brand new $400,000 Lamborghini MurcielagoLP-640 for just $60,430. Many of the 53 other vehicles were sold with discounts of $100,000 or more.

Keuylian purchased the 54 cars through VW Credit, but decided to pay off his personal loans rather than his business loans with the proceeds from the sales. VW Credit called the move an ?outright theft? ? a claim that doesn?t seem far off.

Not surprisingly, most of the 54 cars wound up at various auto auctions, with 14 now residing in FBI custody. Keuylian is facing up to 30-years in prison for his crimes.

sportyaccordy

Damn I would jump on a 64K Lambo if I had the chance. Talk about a steal

Tave

Until the feds show up at your door and you're out 60K...
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Buy it and sell it (at 75%-85% of the list price) the next day!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Tave

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on April 20, 2009, 04:49:44 PM
Buy it and sell it (at 75%-85% of the list price) the next day!

Good idea: Hot Potato meets Musical Chairs meets a Murcielago. :rockon:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

sandertheshark

I imagine OC Lambo being run by Malfunctioning Eddie.

TBR

The dealer must have gotten bit by the Californian real estate market.

Yawn

I wonder if Lamborghini is still going to the use the dealer. Its still there.. the signs are still up.. The lights still on..

NomisR

Quote from: Yawn on April 21, 2009, 05:18:07 AM
I wonder if Lamborghini is still going to the use the dealer. Its still there.. the signs are still up.. The lights still on..

It's completely empty though. 

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Tave on April 20, 2009, 04:42:42 PM
Until the feds show up at your door and you're out 60K...

Or you could buy the lambo for 60, buy a "replica" based on a fiero for 30. Swap the vins and run the replica into a tree and total it. The lambo vin would then be a total loss(along with another shitty fiero kit). Everybody wins in that scenario.

Vinsanity

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on April 21, 2009, 04:38:46 PM
Or you could buy the lambo for 60, buy a "replica" based on a fiero for 30. Swap the vins and run the replica into a tree and total it. The lambo vin would then be a total loss(along with another shitty fiero kit). Everybody wins in that scenario.

You'd also need to find a shady body shop that would be willing to rip off the insurance company for $300k upon finding out that the wrecked Lambo is in fact, just a shitty Fiero kit. They'd probably want a cut of the proceeds.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Vinsanity on April 21, 2009, 04:49:07 PM
You'd also need to find a shady body shop that would be willing to rip off the insurance company for $300k upon finding out that the wrecked Lambo is in fact, just a shitty Fiero kit. They'd probably want a cut of the proceeds.

Or, you could only carry liability coverage on the car. That way once it is wrecked you can just send it off to get crushed and brand the title as destroyed.

Submariner

64k? holy shit. Time to take out another loan...
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550