Where do I get a head gasket...

Started by Eye of the Tiger, April 21, 2009, 02:24:57 PM

Eye of the Tiger

... for my air compressor? 

I have taken it apart for a cleaning and lube, but the head gasket is pretty bad looking.  :lol:

The black rubber o-ring there is the head gasket...  :(

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Pancor

O-Rings are sold at most hardware stores, and tougher to find ones will be stocked at an industrial supply-type shop.  But if its for that cheap plastic thing lying on your bench, why bother?   :rolleyes: :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Pancor on April 21, 2009, 03:08:02 PM
O-Rings are sold at most hardware stores, and tougher to find ones will be stocked at an industrial supply-type shop.  But if its for that cheap plastic thing lying on your bench, why bother?   :rolleyes: :lol:

Screw it. I just put it back together. I've had this $10 air compressor for about eight years now, and it's never let me down. I wired in that handy on/off switch, and upgraded the appearance with the custom K&N grafix. There ain't no other air compressor sold nowadays that can take its place, so I want it to last.

Secret Chimp

That thing is tiny. What can you use it for?

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Secret Chimp on April 21, 2009, 04:58:22 PM
That thing is tiny. What can you use it for?

It airs up my tires at every autocross and rallycross.

Eye of the Tiger

I have wired a series of AA batteries to my air compressor to test it out. It pumps well. If I put my mouth on it, it blows up my cheeks.

Secret Chimp

Quote from: NACar on April 21, 2009, 07:04:36 PM
I have wired a series of AA batteries to my air compressor to test it out. It pumps well. If I put my mouth on it, it blows up my cheeks.

Two lantern batteries, fool.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Secret Chimp on April 21, 2009, 08:04:19 PM
Two lantern batteries, fool.

Lantern batteries are for fools. Real men's lanterns burn whale oil.

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

r0tor

did you try the Wrigley's company for a good gasket?
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!