Got My Sequoia Detailed

Started by Catman, April 21, 2009, 06:10:23 PM

Catman

I am a busy man nowadays and I don't take care of my cars like I used to.  Since getting my Sequoia in 2004 I haven't waxed it and the interior was getting a bit crappy.  So I brought it to be detailed since I didn't want to spend a whole Saturday cleaning and waxing.  So I brought it down to this Mexican guy and the guy detailed the crap out of it.  I did take care of the leather seat OK over the years but the driver's seat was looking a bit grimy.  Not any more it almost looks new.  He buffed the paint twice to get the crap out of it and threw some wax in it.  Looks so much better. :rockon:  I think it's good for another 100,000 miles.

Eye of the Tiger

Now you can get some sucker to give you enough money for a good down payment on that new CX9.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CALL_911

Shit, I glanced, and at first look, I thought it said "Got My Sequoia Totalled."

Good thing. Yeah, detailing's nice to do to an older car.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

J86

Quote from: CALL_911 on April 21, 2009, 06:12:44 PM
Shit, I glanced, and at first look, I thought it said "Got My Sequoia Totalled."

same :lol:

dazzleman

I think I'm going to get my car detailed soon.  It has never been properly waxed or cleaned, just the usual drive-through car wash and quick vacuuming.  It's overdue.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

saxonyron

Quote from: dazzleman on April 21, 2009, 07:08:58 PM
I think I'm going to get my car detailed soon.  It has never been properly waxed or cleaned, just the usual drive-through car wash and quick vacuuming.  It's overdue.

With your 3 yr old car sporting a massive 26k miles, I'd say it deserves a nice waxing and detailing. :devil: Even though you garage it, the UV during the days will wear down your paint.  You need that wax to protect things. I do my car in spring and fall at the dealer or another place nearby.  It's the best $150 you can spend on your car.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

Quote from: Catman on April 21, 2009, 06:10:23 PM
I am a busy man nowadays and I don't take care of my cars like I used to.  Since getting my Sequoia in 2004 I haven't waxed it and the interior was getting a bit crappy.  So I brought it to be detailed since I didn't want to spend a whole Saturday cleaning and waxing.  So I brought it down to this Mexican guy and the guy detailed the crap out of it.  I did take care of the leather seat OK over the years but the driver's seat was looking a bit grimy.  Not any more it almost looks new.  He buffed the paint twice to get the crap out of it and threw some wax in it.  Looks so much better. :rockon:  I think it's good for another 100,000 miles.

Now that it looks brand new, are you talking yourself out of the Mazda??  Those tried and true cars will sweep you back off your feet once they're detailed.  :wub:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Galaxy

Quote from: Catman on April 21, 2009, 06:10:23 PM
I brought it down to this Mexican guy...

Did you check his immigration status?

Or are we going to see a CNN BREAKING NEWS: Cop hires illiegal immigrant?  :lol:

r0tor

i think sometime after the rainy season I'm going to get a buddy of mine detail the RX-8... I've taken good care, but 5 years of year round daily driving is starting to take its toll with swirl marks and hazing and dirt imbedded in the clearcoat...
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

L. ed foote

Quote from: Galaxy on April 22, 2009, 04:08:45 AM

Or are we going to see a CNN BREAKING NEWS: Cop hires illiegal immigrant?  :lol:

It's only a problem if Catman runs for office :lol:
Member, Self Preservation Society

Morris Minor

I too have no time to look after my cars like I used to.

I did, though, clean up the Civic prior to putting it up for sale. The paint was pretty grimy, so I used a clay bar on it before waxing; wow, what a difference.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Galaxy on April 22, 2009, 04:08:45 AM

All that isn't necessary... though I'm sure he used that for bargaining leverage

You should def. go for the CX9 man.

Catman

Quote from: sportyaccordy on April 24, 2009, 09:40:01 AM
All that isn't necessary... though I'm sure he used that for bargaining leverage

You should def. go for the CX9 man.

After cleaning up the Sequoia I'm appreciating it again for now.  We'll see...  Those CX-9's are pretty nice.

hounddog

I am always surprised how much I like a vehicle after it gets all cleaned up, even if I have grown weary with it.  Funny what a little soap and water will do for the mind.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.