1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE

Started by autom?vel, August 11, 2005, 12:29:32 PM

autom?vel

I was checking out a '95 Grand Prix SE in very good condition with low mileage.  I was curious if any of you knew about its reliability and yada yada.  I'd probably use it for a lot of interstate driving and going back and forth.

Like I said, I'm not seriously looking into it, just curious.  I don't know that I can justify it, but it'd be nice with all the problems I've been running into with my current car.  By the way, sorry to start one of these type of threads, but I'm not so good with the Consumer Reports detaily stuff (yeah, I know...the stuff that actually matters the most  :P).
?Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.?
          -  Teddy Roosevelt

Run Away

Hm, does the SE have the 3.8 or the 3.4?

I'd avoid it if it had the 3.4

FlatBlackCaddy

if it has the 3.8 and 4 speed auto(what are the odds, :rolleyes: ) it should be a very reliable rig for commuting. I don't know if they had the plastic intake back then but thats about the biggest problem with the 3.8L. Otherwise its a average car that would suit your needs well. These cars should be good for 200k with minor repairs.

As for the price, it should be about 1-2.5K, personally i wouldn'b pay anymore than 1700 for it(and thats if it has around 100K and is in great shape, clean title and no body damage).

Run Away

The last gen GP went like this:
SE=3.4
GT=3.8
GTP=3.8 Supercharged

So I'm not too sure if it has a 3.8

280Z Turbo

Are you guys sure it doesn't have the 3.1?

FlatBlackCaddy

I don't know, my GM knowledge is pretty limited.

Your right 280, edmunds lists the 95 GP SE as having the 3.1L.

TBR

A 1995 Grand Prix SE would have the 3.1l OHV V6 producing 160hp and 185 lb ft of torque.

autom?vel

Alright, thanks for all the information guys.  Very helpful.
?Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.?
          -  Teddy Roosevelt

giant_mtb

The car should be fine for commuting on the freeway.