Top Ten cars I hate being stuck behind in traffic!

Started by Gotta-Qik-C7, April 27, 2009, 10:36:30 PM

Gotta-Qik-C7

10. Suburban- Cell phoning soccer mom won't get out of the fast lane.
  9. V6 Mustangs- Dumb blonde won't speed up till you try to pass her.
  8. Excursion - Blocks all forward view.
7. Corolla - Grandma won't drive over 25mph.
  6. Camry - More focused on smoking his/her cigarette than driving.
5. F-150 - Hillbilly dual exhaust sounds like crap!.
4. Civic (modified) - Now I have to listen to this idiot rev the shit outta this crapper at every stop
            light!
  3. Prius - Refuses to step on the gas in his/her pursute of the most MPG.
  2. Town Car - Grandpa drives just like grandma in her Corolla.
1. ANY MINIVAN! Same as the Suburban but is also full of kids (usually making funny faces outta the
     back window) and the family K9. Windows are never clean and traveling 5-10 mph UNDER the
     posted limit!

Whats yours?
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

I only have one: the jackass in a 3/4- or full-ton who feels the need to romp on the throttle at every stoplight and spit clouds of smelly diesel smoke at me.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Laconian

Maroon Grand Am with left lane camping, Yankee-lidded white trash in the driver seat.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

280Z Turbo

Those clapped out GM sedans from the ghetto are no fun. They are awful to look at, usually have a least one tailight out, and drive really slow.

Vinsanity

10. Volvo 240 - I know it doesn't feel like it can, but your car can go faster than 60.
9. Hummer H3 - 90% of the bulk of the H2 combined with the five-cylinder fury of the VW Jetta
8. lifted 1-ton pickup - obviously not made for freeway use. so why are you using it?
7. Mercedes W123 diesel - 80 hp of smoky agony
6. ghetto ricer with cut springs - it's not everyone else's fault you look like a retard bouncing around on freeway expansion joints
5. beat-up landscaping pickup - your truck wants to die already
4. Hummer H2 - the only thing dumber than a huge car with tiny windows is the idiot struggling to place it within the lane
3. VW Microbus - honestly I'm surprised they can even try to keep up on the freeway
2. Toyota Sienna - are they that scary to drive over the speed limit?
1. Toyota Prius - stupid hypermiling pricks

dazzleman

I find that whenever I'm stuck behind somebody driving too slowly, it's usually a minivan.  Most people who have them can't drive and have no regard for anybody else on the road.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: dazzleman on April 27, 2009, 11:04:30 PM
I find that whenever I'm stuck behind somebody driving too slowly, it's usually a minivan.  Most people who have them can't drive and have no regard for anybody else on the road.
+1! It's like it states in the owner manual that your sole purpose is to prevent everyone else from making any progress!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Rupert

Trucks that are so large, they cease to be useful.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Quote from: Vinsanity on April 27, 2009, 11:01:19 PM
10. Volvo 240 - I know it doesn't feel like it can, but your car can go faster than 60.
9. Hummer H3 - 90% of the bulk of the H2 combined with the five-cylinder fury of the VW Jetta
8. lifted 1-ton pickup - obviously not made for freeway use. so why are you using it?
7. Mercedes W123 diesel - 80 hp of smoky agony
6. ghetto ricer with cut springs - it's not everyone else's fault you look like a retard bouncing around on freeway expansion joints
5. beat-up landscaping pickup - your truck wants to die already
4. Hummer H2 - the only thing dumber than a huge car with tiny windows is the idiot struggling to place it within the lane
3. VW Microbus - honestly I'm surprised they can even try to keep up on the freeway
1. Toyota Prius - stupid hypermiling pricks

Assuming it's in decent shape, the Volvo 240 is a really stable car, up to faster then you want to go on the freeway most of the time.

Of course, the speedometer is probably broken, so the driver has no idea how fast or slow they're going. I did a whole road trip like that, and we really didn't want to get pulled over, so I was driving really slow most of the time. :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Laconian

Quote from: Psilos on April 28, 2009, 01:04:19 AM
Trucks that are so large, they cease to be useful.
Oh man. Tundra Mega Ultra XXL Minivan Crew Cab. One hell of a huge truck, and usually with a suburban white collar D-bag behind the wheel.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

dazzleman

I think that many minivan drivers have the self-righteous attitude that they have a right to be in the left lane doing 50 mph because it's their job to slow everybody down and make the roads safer.  They're generally driven by overweight, nervous nellie middle-aged women.

Add to that the fact that you can't see around the fucking things, and they're just a major PITA.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

The Pirate

Quote from: Vinsanity on April 27, 2009, 11:01:19 PM

Have logged some seat time in my mom's Sienna, they really aren't that bad.  The steering is light, with no feel, but it's accurate enough.  Very stable vehicle at 80 mph too.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Tave

See, I notice more emasculated males driving minivans over the speed limit in a vain attempt to recapture their lost pride. Two of my uncles drive minivans, and they push them pretty hard.

One of them always gets pulled over on his way up here to Thanksgiving. Then his two little girls flash their doe-eyes from the back seat and it's off to the races.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

ChrisV

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

ChrisV

Quote from: dazzleman on April 28, 2009, 05:54:22 AM
I think that many minivan drivers have the self-righteous attitude that they have a right to be in the left lane doing 50 mph because it's their job to slow everybody down and make the roads safer.  They're generally driven by overweight, nervous nellie middle-aged women.

Add to that the fact that you can't see around the fucking things, and they're just a major PITA.

My wife hates them and calls them rolling wombs. I tried to tell her that an older Dodge turbo minavan would be economical, useful, and massive fun at stoplights, but she won't have it. lol!

dazzleman

Xer0

Anything Toyota or Buick.  It just seems like they take longer to do everything; brake, turn, accelerate, etc. 

After those, Minivans and SUV's drive me insane.  SUV's because the people that drive them either drive them like raging sports cars, weaving in and out of traffic, or its a soccer mom on her phone not paying attention.  Minivans because they are either being driven by highschool kids fresh with a licsense, like Tave said guys trying to not look like pussies, or moms.  All three suck.

After that we have Jettas, Beatles, TC's, V6 Mustang converts, and Civic coupes.  I've noticed that these are driven by younger girls and so I always have to take a look to see if they are cute or not  :evildude: and usually almost end up crashing.

And then we have the ricers and V6 muscle car owners who are just oh so annoying.

Then there are the ballers that ride on their 24' rimz, going slow as fuck and blaring their music for the whole world to see.  Its even better when you have the ones whos rims are worth more then their car.

After them is the old guys in the Porsche or Corvette, I get so jealous =/

And past them you have the younger guy in the Porsche/Lambo/Ferrari, I get even more jealous =/

And you know what I've just realized?  I hate all cars, heh

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

ChrisV

Quote from: dazzleman on April 28, 2009, 08:42:41 AM
Your wife has the right idea.

A number of the guys at Grassroots Motorsports are into minivans as the family/gear/carstuff haulers. Practical, spacious, economical, etc. As one of the racers said:

QuoteFor a lot of years I swore we would never own a mini van...then we bought one for the wife. It is by far the best, most versatile vehicle ever made. Drives like a car, hauls like a truck, and hauls a$$ as well. Have towed a 3000# boat with it. Hauled two 4.2L GM I6 engines from south Florida to South Carolina in the back and still got 27MPG. Hauled more kids than the law allows (literally). I can honestly say we will probably never be without one again

They use them for pulling the race cars to events all over the country while still having comfy family hauler space the rest of the time, and getting better fuel mileage than an SUV. I just with more minivan owners were like these guys. they woudn't have the bad rap they do now.

dazzleman

The pretty funny.  SUVs started out as major dude cars, and then became very popular with chicks.  The reverse could be happening with minivans.  But I still hate them.

FoMoJo

Cop cars and gravel trucks. :rage:

For some reason, cop cars feel compelled to go at the speed limit when there's a lot of traffic around.  Coupled with the fact that the guy behind, reasonably becoming very impatient, is riding right up my tailpipe.

As for gravel trucks, nothing excellerates slower than a gravel truck.  Combined with all the crap falling off them and flying off their tires, they're, truly, the most miserable thing to be on the road behind.

In mentioning hybrids, I was behind a Saturn Vue Hybrid the other day at a stoplight.  I wasn't sure whether it was a mild hybrid or one of the dual-modes they've been promising.  When the light turned green, I anticipated it leaving, however, there was a pregnant pause  -- it seemed longer but was likely about 2 seconds -- and suddenly, it shot through the intersection with brown smoke spewing out of the tailpipe.  My guess was that the I/C motor failed to instantaneously start.  As I understand the process, when you release the brake the motor should fire up.  It's possible that the driver, as many still do, apply left foot braking and, by doing so may press the excellerator before fully releasing the brake causing a slight confusion in the restart procedure.  By the look of it, the driver had the gas pedal to the floor when it, finally, fired up.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

S204STi

Quote from: Tave on April 27, 2009, 10:41:07 PM
I only have one: the jackass in a 3/4- or full-ton who feels the need to romp on the throttle at every stoplight and spit clouds of smelly diesel smoke at me.

In their defense, riding that wave of turbodiesel torque is kinda fun.

But yeah, being behind a diesel truck is probably the worst.

Also fun are the guys in SUVs who drive them like sports cars.  I passed a guy on the way to Salida a couple of month ago and he proceeded to try to stay on my ass, until we hit a tight winding canyon road.  He stuck with me for like two corners and then his sense of self-preservation kicked in and I lost him.  Also I was following a Dakota down the canyon between Loveland and Estes Park and he frakkin' slid off the road in a semi-spin and tagged a guard rail right in front of me, because rather than slowing down for me to pass him he just kept speeding up.  I kinda felt bad because I was definitely "pushing" him, but then again it would have been better judgement on his part to just realize his vehicle couldn't maintain that pace and just back off and let the line of cars behind him pass.

So in summary:  Diesel trucks, Trucks/SUVs trying to drive like sports cars, and any vehicle that doesn't know when to just move over and let others pass.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: R-inge on April 28, 2009, 10:55:46 AM

But yeah, being behind a diesel truck is probably the worst.

Also fun are the guys in SUVs who drive them like sports cars.  I passed a guy on the way to Salida a couple of month ago and he proceeded to try to stay on my ass, until we hit a tight winding canyon road.  He stuck with me for like two corners and then his sense of self-preservation kicked in and I lost him.  Also I was following a Dakota down the canyon between Loveland and Estes Park and he frakkin' slid off the road in a semi-spin and tagged a guard rail right in front of me, because rather than slowing down for me to pass him he just kept speeding up.  I kinda felt bad because I was definitely "pushing" him, but then again it would have been better judgement on his part to just realize his vehicle couldn't maintain that pace and just back off and let the line of cars behind him pass.

So in summary:  Diesel trucks, Trucks/SUVs trying to drive like sports cars, and any vehicle that doesn't know when to just move over and let others pass.

:lol:

I've never driven anything that handles as bad as a Dakota. It feels like the rear axle is not even connected to the frame.

ChrisV

On the flip side of that, I was driving an Exploder up Highway 1 north of San Francisco to Stinson Beach, along some seriously twisty roads. I caught up to a guy in a Ferrari 328 who decided to punch it. being the mildly competetive sort, and loving to be in the "underdog" position, I chased him down. It was a blast and he couldn't seem to figure out how this mere SUV was keeping up with him. lol! I had the Exploder for a week while out there and the first thing I had done was inflate the tires properly...

I've also loved how well the Range Rovers cornered. I mean, as you say, they aren't sports cars and don't have to be, but they do corner pretty flat and are really stable and predictable.

Vinsanity

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 28, 2009, 10:36:43 AM
Cop cars and gravel trucks. :rage:

For some reason, cop cars feel compelled to go at the speed limit when there's a lot of traffic around.  Coupled with the fact that the guy behind, reasonably becoming very impatient, is riding right up my tailpipe.

OMG I hate it when cops do that :rage:

I'd change up my list and put them at #1, but in all honesty, I've recently noticed most cops slipping right past traffic. I don't have a problem with that at all, but don't give me a ticket when I need to be someplace soon, either :rolleyes:

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 28, 2009, 09:05:51 AM
:wub:

you're a sick, sick man.

Tave

It is, and I love to open them up too. All our worktrucks are now diesel Rams.

But I try to be considerate to the people behind me (unless they're tailgating :lol:), and it's not like you can have much fun stoplight to stoplight. You tech-ers are the worst. :evildude:

Tave

I know exactly what you mean. Whenever people come upon me in the mountains, they figure I'm going to drive super slow because the Aveo is such a tin can, so they start to creep up to pass, and then we hit the twisties and I never see them again. :lol:

jadewolf123

Worst vehicle to be behind are Ram trucks and Durangos. I find the majority of their drivers are road assholes either being rednecks fucks in the Ram, or idiot housewives in the Durango. Fucking asshats.

Also cop cars. Fuck the police.
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd