Mitsubishi "Concept Sportback" Pics Revealed

Started by BMWDave, August 11, 2005, 09:33:40 PM

BMWDave

Mitsubishi "Concept Sportback" Pics Revealed ? Hints at Evo X?
Date Posted 08-11-2005

TOKYO ? Mitsubishi has released the first official image of its Concept Sportback, which will be unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September.

There's not much detail available on the show model, other than it's a five-door hatch, a "vision for a next-generation C-segment (compact) car," riding on a brand-new platform.

However, Japanese press reports suggest this car will preview a sporty version of the forthcoming new Lancer, probably the Evo X.

The Lancer Evo series was launched in the early 1990s to reap some of the fruits of Mitsubishi's rally successes. It seems Evo IX will be the last sedan, and the Evo X will switch to a hatchback body style.

What this means to you: If you are a rally-devoted Mitsubishi fan, you're probably jumping out of your skin with the anticipation of it all.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

It looks nice enough except for the grille and the swelling doors.  

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

It's not rare for concepts to be breathtakingly ugly.  

Raza

That's not very smart of them, though, is it?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

So the car we have right now is the Evo VIII I guess?

Raghavan

QuoteSo the car we have right now is the Evo VIII I guess?
I thought we had the Evo IX already?

Fire It Up

Si senor.  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raghavan

Si senor.
:praise:  

cozmik

I like it! I think it looks great. Too bad those headlights will never make it into production though. Actually I'd be willing to bet most of it doesn't make it into production.  <_<  

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

TBR

For some reason I was thinking the ' would be the Evo X.

CaseyNPham

QuoteI like it! I think it looks great. Too bad those headlights will never make it into production though. Actually I'd be willing to bet most of it doesn't make it into production.  <_<
Give it non BMW headlights and it looks great. A little extreme but I like its creativeness.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little