Blind man wins Ford contest

Started by SVT666, May 13, 2009, 08:55:02 AM

SVT666

Blind man wins Ford contest

There were a total of six winners in Ford's essay contest "The '10 Unleashed" and one of them was Roger Keeney who had not driven in over 20 years, he also happens to be blind.  The contest asked Mustang fans to write an essay in 250 words or less if they could unleash their Mustang side how would they do it.  Roger never thought his essay titled "Impossible Possibility" would catch the eye of Ford representatives but it did and he ended up winning an all-expense-paid trip to Phoenix, Arizona to drive a new 2010 Ford Mustang GT.

Obviously there were going to be some challenges given his disability but Ford was not worried as they handed over the keys to a new 2010 Mustang GT convertible.  As an added bonus NASCAR driver Tommy Kendall rode shotgun as Keeney drove speeds close to 90 mph at the Volvo Proving Grounds in Phoenix.  Keeney not only drove the car in a straight line but also got a chance to smoke the tires.

"They told me the smoke was so thick, they could barely see the car," Keeney said.  After his dream drive Keeney will return to Athens, Georgia where he works as an employment advocate for the blind.

the Teuton

:rage: Feel good stories... :rage:

I'm happy for the guy.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Nethead

Quote from: FoMoJo on May 13, 2009, 09:37:46 AM
I'd love to read his essay.

FoMoJo:  'Might find it by googling on his name or somethin' like that...

I'm glad they had an area (and a pro driver in the passenger seat) where this guy could get behind the wheel, drive some, and do some burn-outs!  We sighted folks take too much for granted.  I'd love to read the essay that he'll write now that he's actually done the (nearly) impossible!
So many stairs...so little time...