I can not believe but at least I beat Wimmer from posting!

Started by Yawn, May 15, 2009, 02:38:51 PM

Yawn

:pee:                         http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2009/05/15/461235.html

I would have thought Wimmer would have posted this hours ago!!

AUTO BILD Design Award 2009: New E-Class voted best-looking car in the world   :huh:

STUTTGART, GERMANY ? MAY 15, 2009: Some 100,000 readers of motoring magazine AUTO BILD have voted the new Mercedes-Benz E-Class the best-looking car in the world. As well as electing the Saloon as the overall winner among all the new models, AUTO BILD readers voted the new E-Class Coup? into top place in the "Coup? and Cabriolet" category. In making these choices, the readers have recognised two automotive personalities which deliberately seek to stand out with their individual character and bold, distinctive design.

Personal taste is the decisive factor in the annual Design Award vote organised by AUTO BILD, Germany's largest motoring magazine. In this year's edition of the celebrated automotive beauty contest the competing vehicles ? all of which made their debut in the market in the last year ? were divided into five categories. In the particularly prestigious overall ranking it was the new E-Class that found favour with the readers of AUTO BILD. As a result, the world's most successful business saloon can also claim to be the most attractive new car in the world. Mercedes-Benz Head of Design Gorden Wagener commented: "Our new E-Class stands for status, quality, highly advanced technology and driving pleasure ? and it also reflects these attributes in its self-confident design. All these factors mean that the new E-Class promises to be a real trend-setter."

Of course, there is much more to the world's best-looking car than just its appearance. The special characteristics of the world's top-selling luxury saloon include a unique combination of driving assistance systems. Among them are features such as drowsiness detection, Adaptive Highbeam Assist and the DISTRONIC PLUS proximity control system which plays an important role in helping to prevent rear-end collisions.

Other characteristics typical of the E-Class are the high level of long-distance comfort, the high-quality materials used in the interior, the painstaking workmanship and the perfect ergonomics. What's more, independent analysts judge that the new E-Class offers the best value retention in its class.

The new E-Class Coup?, which AUTOBILD readers voted the most attractive newcomer in the Coup? and Cabriolet category, deliberately announces its close kinship with the new E-Class Saloon. But despite the family resemblance, it projects its own, distinct personality through its special emotional appeal and sportier character ? attributes which confirm that the great coup? tradition is alive and well at Mercedes-Benz.

Finished Comparing Specs? Now Compare Prices From Local Dealers ? Price Quotes from The Auto Channel

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on May 15, 2009, 06:31:38 PM
This seems made up.

It's true.

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/auto-bild-design-award_902811.html

I didn't post it here because I don't read Autobild so I didn't know about it. But the readers of Autobild do have great taste. :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raza

Quote from: cawimmer430 on May 15, 2009, 06:41:04 PM
It's true.

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/auto-bild-design-award_902811.html

I didn't post it here because I don't read Autobild so I didn't know about it. But the readers of Autobild do have great taste. :lol:

Is the magazine in braille? 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Quote from: cawimmer430 on May 15, 2009, 07:15:56 PM
:facepalm:

Eat it, Wimmer.  That was good.  Because unless someone were blind or had never seen another car, there's no way anyone would think it's the best looking car in the world.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Submariner

Quote from: Raza  on May 15, 2009, 07:19:59 PM
Eat it, Wimmer.  That was good.  Because unless someone were blind or had never seen another car, there's no way anyone would think it's the best looking car in the world.

I hate to say it...but it was pretty chuckle-worthy.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Raza

Quote from: Submariner on May 15, 2009, 08:12:51 PM
I hate to say it...but it was pretty chuckle-worthy.

I know.

Don't let my arrogance ruin my genius for you, though. 

:lol: :devil:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

CALL_911

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=18667.msg1061692#msg1061692 date=1242435831
Is the magazine in braille? 
:clap: :clap: :clap:

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

cawimmer430

:huh:

Honestly, who cares what the readers of Autobild say or think? It's a friggin subjective opinion and so is design. Would this award mean more if it came from Car and Driver or something?  :rolleyes:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

sportyaccordy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on May 16, 2009, 04:08:11 AM
:huh:

Honestly, who cares what the readers of Autobild say or think? It's a friggin subjective opinion and so is design. Would this award mean more if it came from Car and Driver or something?  :rolleyes:
Do you think it's the best looking car in the world? It's not even better looking than the W212, which is not better looking than the E39, which is not better....

Submariner

I think we should wait to see the car in person before any judgement is made, positive or negative.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

cawimmer430

Quote from: sportyaccordy on May 16, 2009, 08:52:31 AM
Do you think it's the best looking car in the world? It's not even better looking than the W212, which is not better looking than the E39, which is not better....

I don't care about the "best in the world" aspect because that's always a subjective matter. I've seen the W212 in real life. Heck, I saw three of them today in Munich (preparing the pictures right now) and they look awesome. Very stunning cars on the road - that's my opinion. Maybe I like it because I see a fusion of W211 and W124 and a little W210 design cues in it.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

CALL_911

Quote from: cawimmer430 on May 16, 2009, 11:17:55 AM
Maybe I like it because I see a fusion of W211 and W124 and a little W210 design cues in it.

Or maybe because of this guy....

I kid, I kid.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Hachee

Here we go again:)

The only similarity to the W124 is the fact that the new one has a few sharp lines, last seen on the W124 and not seen on the new car's two immediate predecessors.  The new E (and I have seen it in the metal) has so many fussy details and arbitrary styling flourishes it makes my head spin.  It's not even the rear, which many call bland, or the front, which I think is overdone - it's the overly wedgy, and badly proportioned side profile with way too many character lines that really lets it down.  I'm not calling it hideous - I'm just saying it's majorly flawed, IMO, and has nothing like the purity of the W124, which still looks good today. 

Best looking car in the world?  Can't top Raza's comment on this. 

hounddog

Quote from: Yawn on May 15, 2009, 02:38:51 PM
       STUTTGART, GERMANY ? MAY 15, 2009: Some 100,000 readers of
At first I thought it said "retards."

And then I read this part, "motoring magazine AUTO BILD have voted the new Mercedes-Benz E-Class the best-looking car in the world."

At that point I realized "readers" was in fact meant to say "retards."  I am surprised the editor did not catch that. 
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

cawimmer430

Geez...  :facepalm:

If anything is a good sign for MB that VARIOUS PEOPLES from DIFFERENT PURCHASING POWER BACKGROUNDS etc. find the new E-Class attractive. I saw three again today on the road and it looks really nice. I have no problems with the design and I am not saying that because I like MB - I like the design. I've seen it often enough in real life, in the showroom and on the street and it works fine for me.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Quote from: cawimmer430 on May 19, 2009, 08:44:11 AM
Geez...  :facepalm:

If anything is a good sign for MB that VARIOUS PEOPLES from DIFFERENT PURCHASING POWER BACKGROUNDS etc. find the new E-Class attractive. I saw three again today on the road and it looks really nice. I have no problems with the design and I am not saying that because I like MB - I like the design. I've seen it often enough in real life, in the showroom and on the street and it works fine for me.

We'll never really know, will we, Christian? 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on May 19, 2009, 01:48:42 PM
We'll never really know, will we, Christian? 

The point is that you have various readers from Autobild giving their vote to the new E-Class for a good design. That obviously says something about the car - that the design works and appeals to people.

www.wimmerfotografie.de