4"-6'

What do you think?
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454
`70 Chevy Fleetside (non running)
`91 Camry XL All-trac 4cyl
`86 Toyota Pickup (475k miles)
`92 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4" lift 35" tires.

BMWDave

4"-6'

What do you think?
It seeme lifted already.  Do you plan on getting bigger tires if you would do a lift?

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

280Z Turbo

What would be the point of lifting it?

BMWDave

QuoteWhat would be the point of lifting it?
I guess for looks.

2007 Honda S2000

280Z Turbo

I guess for looks.
Not a very good reason considering the money involved, worse handling, fuel mileage decrease, and rollover risk. Not to mention the safety risk for other drivers if there is an accident.

Leave it alone, it looks fine.

BMWDave

I guess for looks.
Not a very good reason considering the money involved, worse handling, fuel mileage decrease, and rollover risk. Not to mention the safety risk for other drivers if there is an accident.

Leave it alone, it looks fine.
It looks to be already lifted, no?

2007 Honda S2000

93JC

QuoteIt looks to be already lifted, no?
Looks like a bone stock 4x4.

TurboDan

Would the cost be worth it?  Also, if you lift it, you'll also have to invest in Confederate flag stickers and a big gun rack over everything else.  :rolleyes:  :lol:  

BMWDave

QuoteWould the cost be worth it?  Also, if you lift it, you'll also have to invest in Confederate flag stickers and a big gun rack over everything else.  :rolleyes:  :lol:
lol! :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

4 inch body lift, 4 inch suspension lift.  :praise:

Secret Chimp

I like how Blazers of the same vintage look lifted, but the longer pickups look a bit awkward. I think that wheel/tire/height combo you have on it now looks pretty good.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

BMWDave

QuoteI like how Blazers of the same vintage look lifted, but the longer pickups look a bit awkward. I think that wheel/tire/height combo you have on it now looks pretty good.
Definitely...its very nice in an old school sort of way.

2007 Honda S2000

280Z Turbo

QuoteI like how Blazers of the same vintage look lifted, but the longer pickups look a bit awkward. I think that wheel/tire/height combo you have on it now looks pretty good.
Definitely...its very nice in an old school sort of way.
I agree. It looks just fine as is.

SargeMonkey

It gets about 13 city so we are thinking of puting a higher gear in front and back, but it not lifted its just big. Its got a 454 with a lot of miles but a lot more life before I rebuild it. I have a question though, when going under 25mph it bounces is this because the rims might be out of shape or the air bags in the back?

When my dad gets a steady job he wants to get a newer GMC and give the 78 to me, then I will add, Fuel injcection, possibly a super charger to give it more grunt, and maybe a 4" lift.

And I am not a republican. Or a consirvitive. Or a very good speller. :rockon:  
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454

Secret Chimp

QuoteIt gets about 13 city so we are thinking of puting a higher gear in front and back, but it not lifted its just big. Its got a 454 with a lot of miles but a lot more life before I rebuild it. I have a question though, when going under 25mph it bounces is this because the rims might be out of shape or the air bags in the back?

When my dad gets a steady job he wants to get a newer GMC and give the 78 to me, then I will add, Fuel injcection, possibly a super charger to give it more grunt, and maybe a 4" lift.

And I am not a republican. Or a consirvitive. Or a very good speller. :rockon:
70s Chevy pickups had air suspension? That's news to me.
If the bouncing were due to a tire or wheel balance problem, the bounce would turn into a shudder or shake as you sped up. My guess is that the spring rate/shock combination picks up all of the smaller bumps you otherwise glide over at higher speeds (try driving over one of those cowproof gates at 10 mph and then 30 mph and you'll get what I mean... bumpity bumpity versus a quick ZOT sound)

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

SargeMonkey

Yup but we think its the airbags now, we hit many cattle gaurds over the summer like you said. The older airbags did this but we dont know if these are the origanal or a replacement, there rear only. So I am going stock with these.
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454