M Beats GS Again.

Started by Catman, August 12, 2005, 01:26:38 PM

Catman

The Lexus electronic babysitter strikes again. :angry:   The last words in the article?  "Sayonara , Lexus.":o

giant_mtb

Am I missing something?  

Catman

QuoteAm I missing something?
Not sure, the mag just came today.  They had an M45 v GS430 comparo in it.

giant_mtb

Well...the article would be certainly helpful in explaining what the heck you're talking about...  ;)  

Catman

QuoteWell...the article would be certainly helpful in explaining what the heck you're talking about...  ;)
It's not on the site yet.  I thought it would be obvious at this point.  The electronic gadgets in the Lexus intruded on almost every test and annoyed the hell out of everyone who drove it.  Turning the stuff off only worked under 30mph, after that it came back on. :rolleyes:   The M45 was much more sporting and cheaper too.  I suppose the article will be up in a couple days.

giant_mtb

Electronics overload.  :angry:  

Catman

QuoteElectronics overload.  :angry:
Damn, I'm going to need a fancier sig! :angry:  

giant_mtb

QuoteElectronics overload.  :angry:
lol Ok...

BMWDave

I'll see what I can dig up for you.  You want a Sequoia in it?

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

BMWDave

QuoteElectronics overload.? :angry:
lol Ok...
He saw the sig I made for you and now wants a fancier one :P  :D  

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

lol Ok...
He saw the sig I made for you and now wants a fancier one :P  :D
Oh.  Yeah...Bob has expertise in the sig-making area...he's already made me two!  :o  :praise:  :rockon:  

Catman

QuoteElectronics overload.? :angry:
I'll see what I can dig up for you.  You want a Sequoia in it?
Sure, I got the current one off the Toyota site and cropped it.  It's an awsome pic if you can keep it.

BMWDave

What would you like in the sig?  Just your name "catman" ?

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

Cat, how bout something like this?

ifcar

QuoteWell...the article would be certainly helpful in explaining what the heck you're talking about...  ;)
It's not on the site yet.  I thought it would be obvious at this point.  The electronic gadgets in the Lexus intruded on almost every test and annoyed the hell out of everyone who drove it.  Turning the stuff off only worked under 30mph, after that it came back on. :rolleyes:   The M45 was much more sporting and cheaper too.  I suppose the article will be up in a couple days.
The GS doesn't really have any advantages anyway, except for a bit more refinement. The M is roomier, more powerful, and less expensive. It's the clear winner even before you factor in the Lexus nannies.

Fire It Up

why not use that charger Catmans been posting everywhere...  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Catman

QuoteWhat would you like in the sig?  Just your name "catman" ?
We can talk over in chat. ;)  

TBR

QuoteWell...the article would be certainly helpful in explaining what the heck you're talking about...  ;)
The GS doesn't really have any advantages anyway, except for a bit more refinement. The M is roomier, more powerful, and less expensive. It's the clear winner even before you factor in the Lexus nannies.
:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Maybe you aren't Toyota/Lexus biased after all ;) :lol:

Catman

QuoteWell...the article would be certainly helpful in explaining what the heck you're talking about...? ;)
I like the way both interiors look.  Iffy, have you sat in both?  What's the interior quality like?

Raza

Well, poo on Lexus.  I could have told you this for free.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Maybe you aren't Toyota/Lexus biased after all ;) :lol:
I do like many Toyotas. That doesn't mean that I like all Toyotas simply because of what they are. I've always spoken against the GS interior design since it was first unveiled, and have since found that it fell short in many other ways. It just doesn't do anything especially well, not good enough for its class.

ifcar

I like the way both interiors look.  Iffy, have you sat in both?  What's the interior quality like?
Both are excellent, but play around for awhile and you'll find a few bits that don't seem quite right on the M, like the cupholder cover and one of the trim pieces behind the steering wheel. But both are top-notch overall.

Raza

Funny, I don't like the interiors of either car.  And neither look less bloated in person.  However, the M45 would be my choice between these two.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

QuoteFunny, I don't like the interiors of either car.  And neither look less bloated in person.  However, the M45 would be my choice between these two.
Are you talking about styling or quality?

Raza

QuoteFunny, I don't like the interiors of either car.  And neither look less bloated in person.  However, the M45 would be my choice between these two.
Styling.  The quality is good/great in both cars, I'm sure.  But aesthetically they're awful (to me, anyway).

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FlatBlackCaddy

i require a stick, so neither really peaks my interest.

Just stating this so maybe nissan will get the idea that

4.5L V-8 M + 6 speed manual = a whole lot of fun.

Raza

Quotei require a stick, so neither really peaks my interest.

Just stating this so maybe nissan will get the idea that

4.5L V-8 M + 6 speed manual = a whole lot of fun.
You think the Z's stick can handle it?  
You know, the GT-R's stick can surely handle it.  They should do it.  Like an M5, but an MM45.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FlatBlackCaddy

The reality is that the 3.5L is pushing alot of HP and toque(not to mention the 4.0 VQ in the trucks, which are almost pushing around 300FTlbs of torque).

The 4.5L v-8 makes 340hp and roughly 330-340ft lbs of torque, thats less than a 20% power increase. I'm sure it would handle it just fine.

Raza

QuoteThe reality is that the 3.5L is pushing alot of HP and toque(not to mention the 4.0 VQ in the trucks, which are almost pushing around 300FTlbs of torque).

The 4.5L v-8 makes 340hp and roughly 330-340ft lbs of torque, thats less than a 20% power increase. I'm sure it would handle it just fine.
Then what are we waiting for?

Oh, right.  We're not Nissan.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

QuoteFunny, I don't like the interiors of either car.  And neither look less bloated in person.  However, the M45 would be my choice between these two.
Styling.  The quality is good/great in both cars, I'm sure.  But aesthetically they're awful (to me, anyway).
The M looks odd at first, but it really grew on me. It doesn't look as all-out luxurious as some competitors, but it's not as "bit of everything" as the RL nor as empty as the GS nor as generic as the E-Class nor as choppy as the 5-Series.