Drove the 2010 E550

Started by YO, May 29, 2009, 09:30:06 PM

YO

The new car is a GIGANTIC driving step in the right direction.  There are some un mercedes like flaws, but the majority of things are impressive. Feels every bit as nice astheticly as the S class, but doesn't carry as much exterior presense as the 2009... actually, in person it looks smaller then the 09.

The interior is beutiful, and slightly overstated for a benz... but I like it.

I will update you with more time behind the wheel.  We should have a youtube walk around finished by the first...
BILLIONS AND BILLIONS SERVED
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...

cawimmer430

I am in M?hldorf for a week and I was hoping to testdrive the new E-Class or E-Class Coupe today but since it is a friggin holiday everything was closed.  :banghead:

They do have this here:

An E350 CDI Coupe - should be available on Tuesday. Hopefully I can drive it.  :rockon:

Also present, an E220 CDI W212.

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Galaxy

Now that I have seen it in person and one or two a day drive by me I have completely changed my stance on the new E`s styling. I found it ugly at first but now I would even go as far as calling it  attractive. The styling simply works, even the rear fender that goes seemlessly into the rear lights. The obvioulsy put a lot of thought into the design. So many cars today look "Ok" to me, meaning I neither hate the styling, nor do I find it particularly attractive, that my opinion on the new E changed completly is a good sign. The designers should be congratulated.

cawimmer430

The hottest E-Class I've seen on the street so far. Spotted in M?hldorf! What a sexy car!  :rockon:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

AltinD

Chriss, why the C-klasse looks wider then the E220 CDI nest to it?

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

Galaxy

Quote from: AltinD on May 31, 2009, 09:25:01 AM
Chriss, why the C-klasse looks wider then the E220 CDI nest to it?

Distortion. Either because of a zoom lens used at wide angle, or to the forum image resizing.

Xer0

I love the front, still not quite warmed up to the rear, however.