Started by FlatBlackCaddy, August 12, 2005, 07:40:14 PM

Fire It Up

Go for the Vette.

If not, how bout the new Stang?

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raghavan

QuoteGo for the Vette.

That's a thought. Get the MRT Paxton supercharger for another $5k, and you'll have a 470 hp, 3400lb Mustang for only about $31k.

Fire It Up

QuoteGo for the Vette.

That's a thought. Get the MRT Paxton supercharger for another $5k, and you'll have a 470 hp, 3400lb Mustang for only about $31k.
Yeeehaw!

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raghavan

QuoteGo for the Vette.

Yeeehaw!
:praise:  

JYODER240

Go back to the dealership and tell the manager that the salesmen told you 36k, then  tell them you won't pay anything above that.  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

850CSi

As far as sports cars go, there is nothing like an NSX [IMO]. But I'm biased, since it's part of my dream garage.

J86

QuoteThere is this sweet 2 door hatch 9-3 around town(ground effects and the better saab rims), its nice and its blue.
Yum Viggen

TBR

QuoteThere is this sweet 2 door hatch 9-3 around town(ground effects and the better saab rims), its nice and its blue.
Yum Viggen
Yum torque steer ;) :lol:

FlatBlackCaddy

The mustang is indeed a nice car, but like the GTO its not really what i'm looking for. As for the salesman, i doubt that they would honor the 36k price, and as stated it does have some pretty high mileage.

Good suggestion 850, i too would love to own a NSX, but they are really expensive(even used) and for 30K i'd probobly be looking at a early 90's. Thats alot of money for a 10 year old Sports Car(and i would probobly get a older 911 turbo if i'm going to spend that kind of cash on a used sports car.

Raza

QuoteA real man would get the Z06.
That's the dumbest shit I've heard today.

I'd go with the new Z.  It's not a faster car, but it's smaller, more manageable, it's as practical or more, still fast and fun, and it's less of a cop magnet.  I also tend to think it's more stylish than the Z06.  I don't like the hardtop style Corvette, since you've got this drop and flat rear end.  

If I were you, I'd take a loan for 30 grand and buy a 944 Turbo, an MR-2 Spyder (used), and something a little more practical, like a used Saab 900S.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

QuoteThe mustang is indeed a nice car, but like the GTO its not really what i'm looking for. As for the salesman, i doubt that they would honor the 36k price, and as stated it does have some pretty high mileage.

Good suggestion 850, i too would love to own a NSX, but they are really expensive(even used) and for 30K i'd probobly be looking at a early 90's. Thats alot of money for a 10 year old Sports Car(and i would probobly get a older 911 turbo if i'm going to spend that kind of cash on a used sports car.
For under 30 grand, you're going to get an early 90s NSX, without the newer, more powerful 6 cylinder, that was introduced in 96 or 97.  A better way to get mid engined handling and fun is the MR-2 Spyder.  I might sound like a biased broken record, but with very little work, this sub 7 second car can become a sub 6 second car with still excellent handling.  It's a cut rate Porsche Boxster, with a weak used market that is equated to low used prices.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

I'd go with the new Z.  It's not a faster car, but it's smaller, more manageable, it's as practical or more, still fast and fun, and it's less of a cop magnet.  I also tend to think it's more stylish than the Z06.  I don't like the hardtop style Corvette, since you've got this drop and flat rear end.  

If I were you, I'd take a loan for 30 grand and buy a 944 Turbo, an MR-2 Spyder (used), and something a little more practical, like a used Saab 900S.
Actually, Corvettes are lighter than Z's...

Raza

When did I say it wasn't?  I said the Z was smaller.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raghavan

but wouldn't the vette be more manageable?

280Z Turbo

but wouldn't the vette be more manageable?
No, from all I've read, the 350Z is an easy car to drive fast. It's the fastest or the most rewarding, but it's quite manageable.

The Vette is supposedly more wild.

FlatBlackCaddy

I'm pretty set on the Z, but my mind always wonders to other cars i'd love to own. At this point the Z does seem to be the best thing for the money(i want a new car if i can), that suits my tastes/needs.

Anything else that i want i end up spending the same and sacrificing a warranty and reliability(older sports cars, from any maker, will need some going through to be top notch).

I'd probobly be looking at a miata or sky if they made hardtop versions, i have 0 interest in a open top car.

Raghavan

QuoteI'm pretty set on the Z, but my mind always wonders to other cars i'd love to own. At this point the Z does seem to be the best thing for the money(i want a new car if i can), that suits my tastes/needs.

Anything else that i want i end up spending the same and sacrificing a warranty and reliability(older sports cars, from any maker, will need some going through to be top notch).

I'd probobly be looking at a miata or sky if they made hardtop versions, i have 0 interest in a open top car.
can i have your NX for free then?

FlatBlackCaddy

NO.

I'm not getting rid of any of my other cars, maybe just the maxima.

I'm going to keep my NX for a "winter car", and i will never sell my 240 or my 83 Z(i have so little in them, i'm best off keeping them since i really like them).

FlatBlackCaddy

Rag

I thought you were a RWD whore, why would you want my NX.

BMWDave

Its pretty cool that youre looking at a Z.  Perhaps you should try to buy an M Coupe through BMW CPO, and thus you get a full warranty.  I may very well buy an M Coupe myself in a year or so.

Just keep in mind that 2001+ model year vehicles had an engine transplant, and got the new 315hp I6 from the M3.  

And off the record, I'd take an M coupe over a Z anyday :praise:

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

QuoteIts pretty cool that youre looking at a Z.  Perhaps you should try to buy an M Coupe through BMW CPO, and thus you get a full warranty.  I may very well buy an M Coupe myself in a year or so.

Just keep in mind that 2001+ model year vehicles had an engine transplant, and got the new 315hp I6 from the M3.  

I don't know which car will handle better.  The 350Z may be heavy at 3200lbs, but the M coupe has a suspension out of an E30 or E36 3 series.  Weight might beat age.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

QuoteIts pretty cool that youre looking at a Z.  Perhaps you should try to buy an M Coupe through BMW CPO, and thus you get a full warranty.  I may very well buy an M Coupe myself in a year or so.

I don't know which car will handle better.  The 350Z may be heavy at 3200lbs, but the M coupe has a suspension out of an E30 or E36 3 series.  Weight might beat age.
It was an E36.  And almost every review said the handling is razar sharp.  It also weights less than a Z.  Were not talking about big age here...the last M came out in 2002.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

QuoteIts pretty cool that youre looking at a Z.  Perhaps you should try to buy an M Coupe through BMW CPO, and thus you get a full warranty.  I may very well buy an M Coupe myself in a year or so.

It was an E36.  And almost every review said the handling is razar sharp.  It also weights less than a Z.  Were not talking about big age here...the last M came out in 2002.
I've heard some pretty rough stories about the Z3's suspension.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

QuoteIts pretty cool that youre looking at a Z.? Perhaps you should try to buy an M Coupe through BMW CPO, and thus you get a full warranty.? I may very well buy an M Coupe myself in a year or so.

Just keep in mind that 2001+ model year vehicles had an engine transplant, and got the new 315hp I6 from the M3.?

The roadster or the Coupe?

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

It's the same suspension, but mostly the roadster.  I don't think I've ever read a review of the coupe.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

QuoteIts pretty cool that youre looking at a Z.? Perhaps you should try to buy an M Coupe through BMW CPO, and thus you get a full warranty.? I may very well buy an M Coupe myself in a year or so.

Just keep in mind that 2001+ model year vehicles had an engine transplant, and got the new 315hp I6 from the M3.?

It's the same suspension, but mostly the roadster.  I don't think I've ever read a review of the coupe.
C/D had one, they said it was razar sharp.  The Z3 suspension was a bit wobbly over bumps and all, but the M Coupe had a fixed roof, and was a much tighter all arounder.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteRag

I thought you were a RWD whore, why would you want my NX.
Hey man, a free car is a free car. i can sell it to buy an MR-2. :praise:  

FlatBlackCaddy

"Just keep in mind that 2001+ model year vehicles had an engine transplant, and got the new 315hp I6 from the M3."

Pff, like i would be looking at any other M coupe, the latest M3 motor is the one to have.

Rag,

I'll give you a free kick in the a** <_<  :D  

BMWDave

Quote"Just keep in mind that 2001+ model year vehicles had an engine transplant, and got the new 315hp I6 from the M3."

Pff, like i would be looking at any other M coupe, the latest M3 motor is the one to have.

Rag,

I'll give you a free kick in the a** <_<  :D
I have the same view on the Coupe :praise:

I hope I can find a nice one :)

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

This is a nice 2001 Coupe

Its only going for 17K and it only has 25K miles.  Its a steal if its in good condition.

2007 Honda S2000