Ford GT bests Enzo Ferrari

Started by mazda6er, May 12, 2005, 05:57:48 AM

mazda6er

"The Ford GT was voted the top "Exotic" car by the Edmunds survey participants. According to Edmunds.com, the second-place Enzo wasn't even close.

"Who knows why the GT suddenly pulled to the front of the pack?" Edmunds editors asked rhetorically. "But there's no denying that it belongs there with its racecar styling, supercharged performance and six-figure price tag. If the GT isn't a proper exotic, we don't know what is."

It is the fourth year in a row that Edmunds.com visitors have been asked to vote on their favorite vehicles. "
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

mazda6er

Wanted to recirculate this. Do you guys think a GT is good enough to beat an Enzo?
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

QuoteWanted to recirculate this. Do you guys think a GT is good enough to beat an Enzo?
Almost as fast, stunning looks, and a GREAT price.  Whats not to like?

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

mazda6er

QuoteWanted to recirculate this. Do you guys think a GT is good enough to beat an Enzo?
Nothing against it. I would obviously love to own one, but it's not often Ferrari gets beat at their own game. Especially by a domestic.
--Mark

BMWDave

Nothing against it. I would obviously love to own one, but it's not often Ferrari gets beat at their own game. Especially by a domestic.
True.  If I had money, then I would still rater an Enzo, but hey, you can buy almost 4 of these for the price of an Enzo!  Now thats a bargain!

2007 Honda S2000

Fire It Up

Who knows why? Duh...as everybody knows, price.  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

SJ_GTI

I wouldn't even want an Enzo. I would be happy with a Carrera GT though.  B)  

BMWDave

QuoteI wouldn't even want an Enzo. I would be happy with a Carrera GT though.  B)
My favorite car...period.

2007 Honda S2000

Lorinser

The original Ford GT40 beat Ferrari at Le Mans, so why can't they do it again?

giant_mtb

I like the Ford GT more than the Enzo.  The GT is so much better looking.  The Enzo is deffinitely a great car, but I don't think it fits my styling likes as well as the GT.

280Z Turbo

The Enzo is Aztec-ugly and the GT is beautiful. The Enzo looks, dare I say, ricey with all those scoops, weird lines, and carbon fiber.

mazda6er

QuoteWho knows why? Duh...as everybody knows, price.
When you have enough cash to even consider either of these cars, money is usually not a factor.
--Mark

Tom

When you have enough cash to even consider either of these cars, money is usually not a factor.
Sure it is.  The Ferrari cost 4 times as much

There are successful middle-aged guys out there who want an awesome car but can't spend $700,000 on a car that is not only much more expensive to buy, but much more expensive to maintain, insure, and repair.

280Z Turbo

There are successful middle-aged guys out there who want an awesome car but can't spend $700,000 on a car that is not only much more expensive to buy, but much more expensive to maintain, insure, and repair.
QuoteThe Ford GT was voted the top "Exotic" car by the Edmunds survey participants. According to Edmunds.com, the second-place Enzo wasn't even close.

Why would price matter in a survey? It's all about what's the coolest in these kinds of polls.

The GT is a beautiful, all American, no frills beast that has quite a racing history behind it. While the Enzo is even more amazing in performance I think the styling and paddle shifters limit its appeal.

BMWDave

QuoteThe Ford GT was voted the top "Exotic" car by the Edmunds survey participants. According to Edmunds.com, the second-place Enzo wasn't even close.

Why would price matter in a survey? It's all about what's the coolest in these kinds of polls.

The GT is a beautiful, all American, no frills beast that has quite a racing history behind it. While the Enzo is even more amazing in performance I think the styling and paddle shifters limit its appeal.
I believe Jay Leno refrained from buying an Enzo because of the paddles and bought the Carrera GT instead because of the conventional manual.

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

Leno also has a Ford GT. (and a Countach, and a lot more...)
--Mark

giant_mtb

Doesn't he have a tank-powered car too?  :praise:   :lol:   :rockon:  

BMWDave

QuoteDoesn't he have a tank-powered car too?  :praise:   :lol:   :rockon:
yea, powered by a Patton tank engine.  The engine itself is like 16 feet long :o  

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

QuoteDoesn't he have a tank-powered car too?  :praise:   :lol:   :rockon:
yea, powered by a Patton tank engine.  The engine itself is like 16 feet long :o
I remember reading that issue of C/D.  :lol:  

BMWDave

QuoteDoesn't he have a tank-powered car too?? :praise::lol::rockon:
I remember reading that issue of C/D.  :lol:
Ya, it was a very interesting read.

2007 Honda S2000

Submariner

I think the Ezno is a much better track/race car.  But the GT is a more useable and more price friendly (if you can call it that) car.  Both are still wonderful examples of racing technology, though.

I would however like to see which car would take top honors in a vote only including people who have an extensive racing background.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

BMWDave

QuoteI think the Ezno is a much better track/race car.  But the GT is a more useable and more price friendly (if you can call it that) car.  Both are still wonderful examples of racing technology, though.

I would however like to see which car would take top honors in a vote only including people who have an extensive racing background.
Excluding price, the Enzo would definitely win.  

2007 Honda S2000