Alfa Romeo 8C Spider to Debut

Started by BMWDave, August 13, 2005, 09:24:59 PM

BMWDave

Alfa Romeo 8C Spider to Debut at Concours d'Elegance
Date Posted 08-12-2005

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. ? Organizers of the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance have confirmed the new Alfa Romeo 8C Spider will be unveiled at the event on August 21.

Alfa Romeo will be the featured brand at the forthcoming Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. The sole surviving first Alfa Romeo model ? a G1 from 1921 ? will be shipped from Australia, and dramatic 1950s Bertone-executed concepts ? the BAT5, 7d and 9 ? will be reunited, along with other historic Alfas. As a bonus, the organizers convinced Alfa Romeo to roll out the open-top version of its 8C Competizione.

Alfa would like to return to North America in 2007, so this is a great way to highlight its "sporty" image. The original 8C Competizione sports car was unveiled two years ago at the Frankfurt Motor Show and ever since the question has been, "Will it be built or not?" As it was so well received, Alfa had at one point decided to go ahead with an open-top version, but then the company's priorities changed.

Now visitors to the ocean paradise where the Pebble Beach Concours is being held will be face-to-face with the 8C Spider, the open-top variant. The 8C Competizione had been fitted with a front-mounted, rear-wheel-drive 4.2-liter Maserati V8. It seems the 8C Spider has the same arrangement.

What this means to you: Another unveiling for you to enjoy.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

It looks like a Solstice with an Tribeca grille, Modena headlamps, and an Enzo nose.

:(  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cozmik

QuoteIt looks like a Solstice with an Tribeca grille, Modena headlamps, and an Enzo nose.

Looks like a 'chop to me.

I'd say a cross between a Solstice, a Z4 (look at the door panels) and an Alfa grille.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

Raza

QuoteIt looks like a Solstice with an Tribeca grille, Modena headlamps, and an Enzo nose.

I'd say a cross between a Solstice, a Z4 (look at the door panels) and an Alfa grille.
Yeah, I see the Z4 a little.  The Alfa grille is there, plus the Tribeca wings, so I said Tribeca.  I don't understand why everyone fawns over everything Italian.  Let it actually be beautiful before we praise it for its beauty.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

Yeah, I see the Z4 a little.  The Alfa grille is there, plus the Tribeca wings, so I said Tribeca.  I don't understand why everyone fawns over everything Italian.  Let it actually be beautiful before we praise it for its beauty.
I simply like how it looks, nothing to do with it being Italian.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

I didn't mean necessarily you, Dave.  I've just read so many reviews "This car may be better, but the Ferrari's a Ferrari, so it's the one we choose!"  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

I didn't mean necessarily you, Dave.  I've just read so many reviews "This car may be better, but the Ferrari's a Ferrari, so it's the one we choose!"
Yes, I do hear that a lot :)

2007 Honda S2000

Fire It Up

Well dont smile about it.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

giant_mtb

lol

Raghavan

:lol: