Rapide caught nude

Started by 2o6, June 20, 2009, 10:00:39 PM

omicron

Quote from: MrH on June 23, 2009, 08:02:49 PM
Well, Porsche used to be the most profitable car manufacturer before making the terrible decision to buy up VW, so you can't really criticize the way they go about design.

However, I will agree Aston Martins are good looking cars.  But honestly, they've never really done much for me.  Everyone here basically creams their pants when someone posts an image of one.  Good looking cars, but nothing that's really sparked my interest all that much.

Jermyn Street brogues, Savile Row suits, Twinings Earl Grey at elevenses, bubble and squeak.....if you have to ask, you'll never understand.

sportyaccordy

However, I will agree Aston Martins are good looking cars.  But honestly, they've never really done much for me.  Everyone here basically creams their pants when someone posts an image of one.  Good looking cars, but nothing that's really sparked my interest all that much.
They look much better in person. But I agree that excitement over "new" Astons is a bit unwarranted IMO.

280Z Turbo

They all look the same. I can barely tell them apart.

Honestly this Rapide doesn't look as nice as I thought it would.

850CSi

The C-Pillar is too big.

MrH

Quote from: TBR on June 23, 2009, 08:41:34 PM
Most profitable per unit. And I think their investment operations are part of the problem (for a couple of years they were actually legally considered an investment bank).

Yeah, that purchasing of VW was definitely a :facepalm: kind of moment.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Minpin

Quote from: thecarnut on June 23, 2009, 05:54:04 PM
Oh my god... that's like a couple of MR2's and a few E30's right there. :drool:

More than that, that has to be six figures in that pile.  :lol:
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: MrH on June 24, 2009, 05:58:18 PM

I'm not so sure, VW is a very stable company (and weathering the current situation pretty well) and it can ensure Porsche's long-term existence.

Raza

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on June 24, 2009, 06:52:19 PM

I'm not so sure, VW is a very stable company (and weathering the current situation pretty well) and it can ensure Porsche's long-term existence.

No, it doesn't make sense.  Why the hell would you buy into a company that's one of the biggest and most successful in the world, and has shared a long history with yours?  It's stupid.  They should buy an unsuccessful company. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

Quote from: MrH on June 24, 2009, 05:58:18 PM

What are you two talking about? The VW aquisition has been a resounding success for Porsche. Do you realize how much money they've made off of it?
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: Tave on June 24, 2009, 07:34:42 PM
What are you two talking about? The VW aquisition has been a resounding success for Porsche. Do you realize how much money they've made off of it?

They're still tying down all the debt they took on for the purchase. I don't think they're really making money yet.

Tave

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on June 24, 2009, 08:33:07 PM

They're still tying down all the debt they took on for the purchase. I don't think they're really making money yet.

From July's issue of CAR (talking about Wiedeking and the takeover), "The benefits have been staggering and instant: Porsche made a 7.7 billion pound profit last year, of which just 12% came from making Porsches."

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Vinsanity

Quote from: ChrisV on June 22, 2009, 12:25:33 PM
Like Porsche.

er...

speaking of which, at least this looks a gajillion times better than the fugly ass Panamera

AltinD

I hate it when it happen (more then often unfortunately) that no pics but a link are posted in a thread about new pics of a new car ... yet there is no problem to post pics of other cars that comes into discussion. :wtf:

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

ChrisV

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on June 24, 2009, 01:27:55 PM
They all look the same. I can barely tell them apart.

That's the idea. They are all supposed to look like the same family that you can barely tell apart.

And to be honest, Aston only makes two lines.. the DB9 line and the Vantage line (I don't really count the One-77). The DBS is intentionally a DB9 Plus (basically a race inspired version of the DB9, kind of like the Shelby GT500 version of the Mustang) and the Rapide is just a 4 door DB9. No one would have this confusion had they simply retained the DB9 name...

No one gets all pissy that they can barely tell the 2 door and 4 door BMW 3 series apart...

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Raza

Quote from: ChrisV on June 29, 2009, 07:21:21 AM
No one gets all pissy that they can barely tell the 2 door and 4 door BMW 3 series apart...

The extra two doors are usually a dead giveaway though.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

BMW wouldn't introduce a 2-door and then wait 6 years to release the 4 door version.

2o6

Quote from: AltinD on June 29, 2009, 04:30:57 AM
I hate it when it happen (more then often unfortunately) that no pics but a link are posted in a thread about new pics of a new car ... yet there is no problem to post pics of other cars that comes into discussion. :wtf:

The pics of the Rapide are copyrighted. I CAN'T post them here.