Rupert's MGB Thread

Started by Rupert, July 13, 2009, 04:44:31 PM

Rupert

So, finally, the MG lives! One of the hose clamps for the lower radiator hose was loose (that was one that I'd done, not the mechanic  :banghead: ). I borrowed a pressure tester from AutoZone, and the leak became clear. I drove it around today, and, if anything, it runs a little cool now.  :rockon:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Secret Chimp

Now you should dump those leaden wheels in favor of some Panasport knockoffs.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

TBR

Did you ever get it to pass inspection?

Rupert

Not yet. No time.

Maybe the weekend after next. It has to by the end of the month...

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Psilos on July 14, 2009, 10:24:11 PM
Not yet. No time.

There's always time for cars. :nono:

Rupert

Well, I'm leaving for work stuff tomorrow morning until next Wednesday, so, no, there isn't.

;) :lol:

bing_oh

Quote from: Psilos on July 14, 2009, 10:24:11 PM
Not yet. No time.

You have to have the MG inspected? It isn't exempted because of its age?

hotrodalex

Quote from: bing_oh on July 16, 2009, 08:35:29 AM

Isn't it a '74 or so?

bing_oh

Quote from: hotrodalex on July 16, 2009, 07:46:14 PM
Isn't it a '74 or so?

Probably. "Antique" is generally considered anything more than 25 years old. Alot of states have provisions for "antique, "classic," or "historical" cars that exempt them from things like inspections, emissions, etc.

hotrodalex

Quote from: bing_oh on July 17, 2009, 06:35:34 AM
Probably. "Antique" is generally considered anything more than 25 years old. Alot of states have provisions for "antique, "classic," or "historical" cars that exempt them from things like inspections, emissions, etc.

Most of the states I have lived in allow '72 and earlier cars to go without emission checks. So a '74 would still have to get one. I don't know the law in Idaho, though.

Rupert

Quote from: bing_oh on July 16, 2009, 08:35:29 AM

Yes, and it's a major  :facepalm: . Even CA exempts cars older than '74.

Rupert

Rupert

Quote from: hotrodalex on July 18, 2009, 01:09:29 PM
Most of the states I have lived in allow '72 and earlier cars to go without emission checks. So a '74 would still have to get one. I don't know the law in Idaho, though.

I do know Idaho law (WRT emissions inspections), and it's retarded. If I still can't get it past, I'll just get classic car plates and assume the police don't care when I drive it to work and the store.

hotrodalex

Note to self: Don't move to Idaho.

:lol:

SVT_Power

'72 is a long long time ago... here we have emission tests for vehicles up to 20 years old IIRC. It may be 25, but I'm pretty sure it's 20 years
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Rupert

Quote from: hotrodalex on July 23, 2009, 10:21:26 AM
Note to self: Don't move to Idaho.

:lol:

I had a similar note to myself before I moved here...  :banghead:

Rupert

Goddfuckingdammit, again.

Now it's missing a bunch. I think I over-filled the carb dampers, but they are at the right level, now. I pretty much can't drive it. Not to mention that I won't technically be able to drive it after 7/31 until I get the classic plates. Boo.

Rupert

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

jadewolf123

What engine is that? Looks like a turbo S2k motor.
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

280Z Turbo

jadewolf123

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on July 30, 2009, 08:10:10 AM
SR20DET
Nissan eh. I like it. I wouldn't mind getting an older british vert, and dropping a silvertop 4AGE  20V in. Those are sweet motors.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: jadewolf123 on July 30, 2009, 10:31:51 AM
Nissan eh. I like it. I wouldn't mind getting an older british vert, and dropping a silvertop 4AGE  20V in. Those are sweet motors.

A couple of Nissan SR20s would pull a premium one week before race wars.

jadewolf123

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on July 30, 2009, 12:30:28 PM
A couple of Nissan SR20s would pull a premium one week before race wars.

TORETTO! TORETTO! SWAT came into my house, disrespected my whole family because somebody narc'd me out! And you know what? IT WAS YOU!

Rupert

Aaaand, there goes the thread. :lol: