Porsche Panamera

Started by BMWDave, August 15, 2005, 06:23:09 AM

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

I hate it. <_<

I doubt it would look like that, though.  

cozmik

I love it. It's sleek, agressive, and handsome. I'll take mine in a graphite color, please.  B)  

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

BMWDave

QuoteI love it. It's sleek, agressive, and handsome. I'll take mine in a graphite color, please.  B)
Same here, I love it. :wub:

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

What do you see in it? The front end looks nice, but the rest is horridly bloated and the taillights are terrible.  

BMWDave

QuoteWhat do you see in it? The front end looks nice, but the rest is horridly bloated and the taillights are terrible.
I dont like the back end particularly, but I dont see how its bloated.  IMO it looks sleek.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Towards the back of the car it just swells up, ending in a massive bumper.

BMWDave

QuoteTowards the back of the car it just swells up, ending in a massive bumper.
I agree, I dont like the back, but it doesnt look bloated from the sides, IMO.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

What about the obscene fender bulge?

BMWDave

QuoteWhat about the obscene fender bulge?
I assume you are talking about the rear?  Its look recalls the 993 Turbo...it looks aggressive, not bloated.  And the back looks narrow, and is accentuated by heavy haunches...I like it.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

There is nothing agressive about obesity. The 993 did not look like that.

BMWDave

QuoteThere is nothing agressive about obesity. The 993 did not look like that.
When we get official pics we can argue about the obesity of the car :)  Its pointless to argue about a photoshop.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

I'm not saying that the car will be ugly, I just hope it looks nothing like that rendering.  

giant_mtb

The first thing that popped into my head when I saw the rear was Aston Martin.. :blink:

Otherwise it's alright, but...I don't love it.

Raza

What happens when you cross a 911 and a Quattroporte?  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

giant_mtb

QuoteWhat happens when you cross a 911 and a Quattroporte?
Panoramic? ^_^

cozmik

I love all of it. I think the back is sharp looking. I don't personally see bloat. But everyone will see something different.

I for one am hoping that the real thing looks like this.  :rockon:  

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

TBR

The front looks fine, but the rear needs a total redesign. It shouldn't curve so much and the taillights ought to be lower.

Raghavan

850CSi

Spooble

QuoteWhat do you see in it? The front end looks nice, but the rest is horridly bloated and the taillights are terrible.
A 612 Scaglietta competitor for half the price.  And that same rear end works just fine on an Aston Martin DB9.

BMWDave

A 612 Scaglietta competitor for half the price.  And that same rear end works just fine on an Aston Martin DB9.
I would see this more as a Maserati Quattraporte competitor, dont you think?

2007 Honda S2000

Colonel Cadillac

Love it.  :P  :P  :D  

jadewolf123

Bootylicious. Personally i don't mind a big an on a car. All CARS from Stuttgart are ok in m book.
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

CaseyNPham

QuoteWhat happens when you cross a 911 and a Quattroporte?
It's like two pretty parents with an ugly baby! With a pretty face. ^_^
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

Spooble

Tough to say until more info is released.  

I see the Maser--which is a gorgeous car in its own right--more as an S-class competitor.  I would speculate that Porsche will make the Panamera more of a driver's car, closer to the 612 in spirit if not quite in full V-12 glory.

BMWDave

I see the Maser--which is a gorgeous car in its own right--more as an S-class competitor.  I would speculate that Porsche will make the Panamera more of a driver's car, closer to the 612 in spirit if not quite in full V-12 glory.
The car will have a V8, I believe.  All the same, the Porsche will be four doors, and have a V8.  The Ferrari only has 2 doors, and has a V12.  I'm not so convinced they will be competing with each other.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

The car will have a V8, I believe.  All the same, the Porsche will be four doors, and have a V8.  The Ferrari only has 2 doors, and has a V12.  I'm not so convinced they will be competing with each other.
so then why are the 6 series and the CLS considered 'competitors'?

850CSi

I'd say its closest competitor would [or should] be the M5.

ifcar

so then why are the 6 series and the CLS considered 'competitors'?
Lame marketing attempts?