GM having trouble with G6 rectractable hardtop

Started by ifcar, August 15, 2005, 06:35:07 AM

ifcar

QuoteDon't be mean.
I'm not. What can you say to someone who "counters" a fact-based statement with irrelevent sarcasm?

giant_mtb

QuoteDon't be mean.
I'm not. What can you say to someone who "counters" a fact-based statement with irrelevent sarcasm?
Nothing.  You just let it go.  ;)  

ifcar

QuoteDon't be mean.
If someone is being an ass, I'm going to call them on it.

giant_mtb

QuoteDon't be mean.
If someone is being an ass, I'm going to call them on it.
Alright.

SJ_GTI

QuoteWhat a way to try to prove a point: make pointless and stupid comments that can't be replied to. HINT: It doesn't work.
I don't know what you mean.

SJ_GTI

QuoteIf someone is being an ass, I'm going to call them on it.
:o  

ifcar

QuoteWhat a way to try to prove a point: make pointless and stupid comments that can't be replied to. HINT: It doesn't work.
That's too bad. I hope you can figure it out, because if you make such posts again they will be deleted.  

SJ_GTI

That's too bad. I hope you can figure it out, because if you make such posts again they will be deleted.
:rolleyes:  

TBR

You need to lighten up, there is no reason posts like mtl_a4's should be deleted. One of the main reasons for the existence of this forum is to have better moderators, well better moderators should only delete posts that are offensive, mtl_a4's wasn't.

And, the G6 does have new technology, MB couldn't make a retractable hardtop work well on the CLK which is why it has a soft top instead, GM is now discovering those same problems.

BMWDave

You need to lighten up, there is no reason posts like mtl_a4's should be deleted. One of the main reasons for the existence of this forum is to have better moderators, well better moderators should only delete posts that are offensive, mtl_a4's wasn't.

And, the G6 does have new technology, MB couldn't make a retractable hardtop work well on the CLK which is why it has a soft top instead, GM is now discovering those same problems.
I agree with you there...he wasnt expressing political opinion in a thread, or whoring.  He was simply disagreeing.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

I agree with you there...he wasnt expressing political opinion in a thread, or whoring.  He was simply disagreeing.
At first, he was. That's perfectly fine, intelligent disagreement is definitely nice to have. But resorting to "You are right, the G6 Vert is on the verge of cancellation. Poor Pontiac" and then repeating it over and over is dangerously close to trolling in my book.  

SJ_GTI

QuoteBut resorting to "You are right, the G6 Vert is on the verge of cancellation. Poor Pontiac" and then repeating it over and over is dangerously close to trolling in my book.
:praise:

Ifcar is right. Sarcasm is a bad thing and shouldn't be used in discussions.

FlatBlackCaddy

ifcar

QuoteBut resorting to "You are right, the G6 Vert is on the verge of cancellation. Poor Pontiac" and then repeating it over and over is dangerously close to trolling in my book.
:praise:

Ifcar is right. Sarcasm is a bad thing and shouldn't be used in discussions.
Sarcasm is fine, but not as a substitute for an actual response. You never did say anything to my last posts except for your Kear impersonation.  

giant_mtb

autom?vel

Ah come on, we're all friends here.  I love Pontiacs as much as the next guy, but no need to mad over it fellas.  :P
?Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.?
          -  Teddy Roosevelt

ifcar

GM responds to the article:
QuoteWe were greatly disappointed to see Automotive News' flawed report on the status of the Pontiac G6 convertible ("Top troubles plague G6 convertible," Aug. 15), especially after General Motors and Karmann USA were very open to answering the allegations made by your anonymous sources.

The report overlooked key facts provided by GM and the senior Karmann executive responsible for testing the G6 convertible top system.

It also contained erroneous allegations never disclosed by Automotive News during our interviews.

The G6 convertible top meets and exceeds requirements agreed to by GM and Karmann.

We do not disclose cycle time test results for competitive reasons, but our standards are consistent with the industry, and Karmann's testing demonstrates the convertible top will last for the life of the vehicle.

Karmann does additional testing on specific components to find the limits of the product. Every component in a vehicle has a failure rate. Karmann's additional testing is intended to create even more robust parts down the road and does not imply or indicate any problems with the G6 convertible top.

The speculation that the G6 convertible could be canceled is completely false, and we would have gladly refuted this rumor had Automotive News disclosed it to us before the story was published.

We are in the pre-production build process at the Orion Township (Mich.) assembly plant with plans to start selling the vehicle in the first quarter of 2006, a fact we confirmed with the media a year ago.

It's troubling that Automotive News sees fit to publish unfounded allegations by anonymous sources even after a company goes out of its way to provide access to senior executives to set the record straight.

THOMAS J. KOWALESKI
Vice President, Global Communications
General Motors, Detroit

bobwill

Much as I said that I wouldn't necessarily trust a representative from ATi (that's designing the graphics chip for the Xbox 360) when they state that the 360 will be faster than the PS3, I don't necessarily trust GM on their comeback to this.  But, I also don't distrust them much.  Let's just say I won't be one of the first on the waiting list for a G6 convertible.  If there aren't many complaints after the first few months then I'd take the chance.

Raghavan

TurboDan

Let's calm down here.  No one's posts are going to be deleted, so everyone (including MODS!) should just chill.  

In addition, keep in mind what I mentioned in the thread in Sports Cars the other day:  the automotive sections are for automotive discussion.  If a thread turns into bickering about "sarcasm vs. serious comments" it's getting the axe.  

Feel free to start another thread on this topic...