solstice

Started by Brave sir Robin, May 12, 2005, 11:19:14 AM

Brave sir Robin

Anyone here plan on taking a serious look at the Solstice when it becomes available?
"There is no escape--we pay for the violence of our ancestors."
--from "The Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan

MX793

If I had money I would.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

FlatBlackCaddy

I would jump all over the solstice if they offered a coupe model.

mazda6er

QuoteI would jump all over the solstice if they offered a coupe model.
ditto. The convertible just isn't practical for NY state winters.  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

MX793

The coupe concept was hot.  GM really should consider building it.  We need another RWD coupe besides the V6 Mustang priced for $20K.  Of course, with the coming of the G6 coupe, Pontiac doesn't really need another affordable 2 door so it likely won't happen.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

mazda6er

The coupe concept was hot.  GM really should consider building it.  We need another RWD coupe besides the V6 Mustang priced for $20K.  Of course, with the coming of the G6 coupe, Pontiac doesn't really need another affordable 2 door so it likely won't happen.
Speaking of the G6, does anyone know about pricing for the upcoming coupe and convertible?  That convertible would be practical enough, with the retractable hardtop.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

FlatBlackCaddy

Well theres two ways this could turn out(as far as the coupe goes).

Old gm thinking: "We don't need a solstice coupe for pontiac. The FWD G6 coupe will be more than enough for pontiacs performance minded customers"

New gm thinking(i hope): "Look...we're not a bunch of retards, we're not going to sit here and tell you that we're pushing pontiac to be a performance brand just to end up giving you same half-a**ed fwd coupe.

mazda6er

QuoteNew gm thinking(i hope): "Look...we're not a bunch of retards, we're not going to sit here and tell you that we're pushing pontiac to be a performance brand just to end up giving you same half-a**ed fwd coupe.
And then they do it anyway.   :D  
--Mark