Lots of New X5 Pics

Started by BMWDave, August 15, 2005, 08:19:35 AM

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

It's fine, I suppose. It ought to be bigger though, right now it's too close to the X3 from what I can tell.

giant_mtb

QuoteIt's fine, I suppose. It ought to be bigger though, right now it's too close to the X3 from what I can tell.
I agree.

BMWDave

I dont know if I'm seeing correctly, but it looks like it might have 3rd row seats.  

And the car looks a lot sportier and hunkered down IMO.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

There is no way it has a 3rd row, there would be next to no head room.

BMWDave

QuoteThere is no way it has a 3rd row, there would be next to no head room.
Look through the back window in this picture:  Those are definitely rear seats.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Will it come with a surgeon to amputate your legs to fit back there?

TBR

QuoteWill it come with a surgeon to amputate your legs to fit back there?
And your neck for that matter. What is the point of a 3rd row that is too small for anyone to use?  

850CSi

Not like any 3rd row is meant to fit anything bigger than toddlers comfortably.

ifcar

And your neck for that matter. What is the point of a 3rd row that is too small for anyone to use?
Bragging rights.  

850CSi

Let's see if they can make it look even better than the X3, which, like the 5-Series, has an EXCELLENT design with the exception of the front.

Colonel Cadillac

I see a bit of Tribeca in it.  

TBR

Not like any 3rd row is meant to fit anything bigger than toddlers comfortably.
There are many 3rd rows that are comfortable for adults.

ifcar

Switch that to passable. It depends on how much space you need to feel comfortable.  

TBR

True, because as I have mentioned before I have never found a 3rd row that I've liked, but the same can be said of 2nd rows (except for conversion vans).

ifcar

QuoteTrue, because as I have mentioned before I have never found a 3rd row that I've liked, but the same can be said of 2nd rows (except for conversion vans).
Your standards are far too high.  <_<  

TBR

That isn't a reasonable thing to say, I don't expect compact cars to have 3 ft of legroom but that doesn't mean I can be comfortable in one.

ifcar

Maybe you just need to try a few more cars' second-row seats. I recommend ultra-luxes and minivans, they should meet anyone's standards.

TBR

Minivans have no more room than large suvs and for the most part large lux cars are the same way.

Raza

Get into the back of a W140.  If you're not taller than Shaq, you can stretch out.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

Doesn't seem all that large to me:

ifcar

QuoteMinivans have no more room than large suvs and for the most part large lux cars are the same way.
You've tried them out? Specifically check out the A8L, 750iL, and LS430, and the Odyssey, Quest, and Sienna. All great second-row seats IMO, well-shaped and roomy.  

TBR

I've sat in minivans, nothing impressive imho. I haven't sat in large lux cars but many of them do look big enough.

Raza

QuoteDoesn't seem all that large to me:
You've never been in one.  

Is that the short wheelbase?  Because they sold a short wheelbase model.  Our S320 is a long wheelbase, and if I'm behind my mom, I can lay down, but I can still stretch out behind anyone else.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

QuoteI've sat in minivans, nothing impressive imho. I haven't sat in large lux cars but many of them do look big enough.
Which ones?  

Raghavan

TBR

QuoteDoesn't seem all that large to me:
You've never been in one.  

Is that the short wheelbase?  Because they sold a short wheelbase model.  Our S320 is a long wheelbase, and if I'm behind my mom, I can lay down, but I can still stretch out behind anyone else.
I assume it is a lwb (it is a S500). This is the kind of room I like:

And, ifcar, i have been in Grand Caravans/Voyagers/TCs, Ventures, and Windstars. They may not have as much room as the import competition but they can't be that far behind.

ifcar

You'd be surprised, actually. There's quite a difference.  

Raza

Well, Tim, I can move the seat all the way forward in the W140 and take a picture too.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

That front seat isn't all the way forward, in fact it looks to be all the way back (look at the b-pillar).