Only in a Redesign

Started by TurboDan, August 15, 2005, 10:40:27 AM

TBR

QuoteJeep may not have prestige, but it has an image and a reputation, and those are worth protecting.
Exactly, Jeep won't keep their image if they start building a bunch of wimpy suvs. And, when most people think of Dodge they think of Hemis and gigantic crosshair grills, not Caravans.

Raza

QuoteJeep may not have prestige, but it has an image and a reputation, and those are worth protecting.
Exactly, Jeep won't keep their image if they start building a bunch of wimpy suvs. And, when most people think of Dodge they think of Hemis and gigantic crosshair grills, not Caravans.
Now.  I used to think "dinky little Neon".  Now I think "CHARGER!"  Always all capitals, always with an exclamation mark.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tom

I get an image flash of the redneck who adores hemis and scantily clad women.  Any other visual thinkers/learners?

BMWDave

I get an image flash of the redneck who adores hemis and scantily clad women.  Any other visual thinkers/learners?
:lol:  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

I adore Hemis and scantily clad women, though rednecks would sooner hang me than buy me a drink.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Catman

I'm not dead set against Jeep expanding there line-up to car based stuff.  its only a mistake if they water down the Wrangler, etc.  I don't hate the XTerra because Nissan makes the Murano too.

ifcar

QuoteThis situation is entirely different from the VW/Audi one, the Jeep brand has no more prestige than Chrysler or Dodge, some people might be more attracted to the Jeep brand than they would be to Chrysler but Dodge certainly has just as much of a tough guy image.
I disagree. When one thinks of Jeep SUVs and off roading and toughness is the image. When one thinks of Dodge most people think Viper or Caravan.  <_<

(that's in general, everyone has different pictures, but thats what I generally hear when I have had discussions about the brands)
I think powerful trucks are the latest Dodge image, the Hemi has accomplished that.