Just Got a New Mazda CX9!

Started by Catman, July 31, 2009, 11:26:52 AM

Eye of the Tiger

Do they make a turbo kit for that?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Catman

Quote from: NACar on August 01, 2009, 05:33:12 PM

Trying to find out.........  I do have some "Type R" decals though.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Catman on August 01, 2009, 06:05:53 PM
Trying to find out.........  I do have some "Type R" decals though.

That'll do for now.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: NACar on August 01, 2009, 05:33:12 PM

This is not some white trash basketcase you can molest. This is a classy vehicle for a classy guy. :nono:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on August 01, 2009, 06:47:42 PM
This is not some white trash basketcase you can molest. This is a classy vehicle for a classy guy. :nono:

:wtf:  :devil:

nickdrinkwater

Cool car.  Looks like the CX7 which we get over (though not very popular) only in a bigger size.

ifcar

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on August 02, 2009, 09:55:10 AM
Cool car.  Looks like the CX7 which we get over (though not very popular) only in a bigger size.

We get both.

Catman

So far I am really enjoying the ride on this car.  Nice, firm ride but not harsh at all.  Definitely communicates the road to the driver but not annoyingly so.  Mine has the 18" wheels.  Supposedly the 20" wheels on the Grand Touring can give a harsh ride.  The interior is very comfortable and the quality is very good.  My 2001 Nissan Pathfinder had good quality interior and the plastics look the same in this car.  For whatever reason the new Pathfinder uses a harder, thinner plastic.  The CX9 certainly feels more like a car than an SUV with really good turn in and minimal body roll in the turns.

dazzleman

Quote from: Catman on August 02, 2009, 11:37:02 AM
So far I am really enjoying the ride on this car.  Nice, firm ride but not harsh at all.  Definitely communicates the road to the driver but not annoyingly so.  Mine has the 18" wheels.  Supposedly the 20" wheels on the Grand Touring can give a harsh ride.  The interior is very comfortable and the quality is very good.  My 2001 Nissan Pathfinder had good quality interior and the plastics look the same in this car.  For whatever reason the new Pathfinder uses a harder, thinner plastic.  The CX9 certainly feels more like a car than an SUV with really good turn in and minimal body roll in the turns.

How fast have you gotten it up to, Greg?  :evildude: :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Submariner

Come to think of it, one of my neighbors has a dark blue CX-9.  It's a good looking car.

I've always found the names confusing, though.  The CX-7 should be the CX-5, and the CX-9 should be the CX-7.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

SVT_Power

Quote from: Submariner on August 02, 2009, 11:40:06 AM
Come to think of it, one of my neighbors has a dark blue CX-9.  It's a good looking car.

I've always found the names confusing, though.  The CX-7 should be the CX-5, and the CX-9 should be the CX-7.

Why  :confused:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

SVT_Power

Oh i completely missed that one...
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Catman

dazzleman

Quote from: Catman on August 02, 2009, 11:48:58 AM
:growup:   :lol:

Just because I'm growing old doesn't mean I need to grow up, man...... :heated: :lol:

I guess that means you wimped out on opening it up.  :devil:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

ifcar

Quote from: Submariner on August 02, 2009, 11:40:06 AM

As I recall it, they were originally going to rename the Tribute the CX-5, but eventually changed their minds. The other names remained in place.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Catman on August 01, 2009, 02:05:47 PM
Yeah I need to take good care of this one.  The Sequoia was in good shape but I could have done better.

Just don't get rear ended 3 times. That would solve most problems. :lol:

Catman

Quote from: hotrodalex on August 02, 2009, 04:31:26 PM
Just don't get rear ended 3 times. That would solve most problems. :lol:

LOL that was the old Maxima we had.  The only thing that happened to the Sequoia was I backed into a tree at a campsite in ME. :banghead:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Catman on August 02, 2009, 05:34:56 PM
LOL that was the old Maxima we had.  The only thing that happened to the Sequoia was I backed into a tree at a campsite in ME. :banghead:

Lots of people don't realize how many trees we got here in Maine.

Catman

Quote from: NACar on August 02, 2009, 05:36:52 PM
Lots of people don't realize how many trees we got here in Maine.

This particular one came out of nowhere. :huh:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Catman on August 02, 2009, 05:52:49 PM
This particular one came out of nowhere. :huh:

They can be very territorial.

Catman

Eye of the Tiger

SVT_Power

My mom backed into a tree with our old sienna when she came to pick me up from camping...

J86

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 02, 2009, 06:02:24 PM
My mom backed into a tree with our old sienna when she came to pick me up from camping...

I used to run head-on into trees with my SJ410 and bounce off to back up. It was easier than shifting that thing into reverse.  :huh:

SVT32V

Quote from: Catman on August 02, 2009, 05:34:56 PM

Is it getting better gas mileage than the Sequoia, realizing it is still breaking in.

Just wondering if there is a big difference.

heelntoe

congratulations, Greg. It looks very nice.

does Mazda still ahve a minivan?
@heelntoe

Catman

Quote from: SVT32V on August 03, 2009, 11:46:51 AM
Is it getting better gas mileage than the Sequoia, realizing it is still breaking in.

Just wondering if there is a big difference.

Hard to tell.  My guess is about 3 mpg better.