Started by VroomVroom, August 02, 2009, 07:08:56 AM

VroomVroom

hello everyone!

I'm James a.k.a VroomVroom!

New to here really so I thought I'd show you all my ride! :rockon:

:cheers:

dazzleman

Welcome James.  Good to have you, man.

Your car looks pretty new.  What are the other details on it (engine size, top speed, etc.)?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Submariner

Very nice!

We have a good deal of European posters who will know more about your hatch than us Americans, but it's good to have you posting it anyways.  :ohyeah:

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

VroomVroom

Its on a 58 plate.

It's only the 1.2 16v Club because of my age!

Top speed is about 105
0-60 in 13 secs!

It's very nippy :thumbsup:

dazzleman

Quote from: VroomVroom on August 02, 2009, 07:40:09 AM
Its on a 58 plate.

It's only the 1.2 16v Club because of my age!

Top speed is about 105
0-60 in 13 secs!

It's very nippy :thumbsup:

What's the fastest you've gone in it?

How long have you had this car?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

SVT_Power

Quote from: dazzleman on August 02, 2009, 07:43:14 AM

I'm surprised you haven't asked "how many tickets have you gotten"  :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 02, 2009, 07:49:00 AM
I'm surprised you haven't asked "how many tickets have you gotten"  :lol:

:lol:
Too soon for that.  Not until he gives some indication that he's a ticket-prone driver.  :evildude:

VroomVroom

Quote from: dazzleman on August 02, 2009, 07:43:14 AM

Had the car a couple of months now, it was new from the showroom, but not on a 59 plate because that was a little out of my reach!

Ive got 110 out of the bad boy :rockon:

105 is just the official reading from Vauxhall but we all know we can get a little more than what manufactures say :evildude:

dazzleman

Quote from: VroomVroom on August 02, 2009, 07:53:23 AM
Had the car a couple of months now, it was new from the showroom, but not on a 59 plate because that was a little out of my reach!

Ive got 110 out of the bad boy :rockon:

105 is just the official reading from Vauxhall but we all know we can get a little more than what manufactures say :evildude:

:rockon:

SVT_Power

For a second i thought he was talking about 110 km/h since he was european. Then I realized that made no sense  :facepalm:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

VroomVroom

Haha no it's in MPH!

So am I worthy?

dazzleman

Quote from: VroomVroom on August 02, 2009, 08:00:07 AM
Haha no it's in MPH!

So am I worthy?

:lol:
I like the way you think.... :rockon: :pullover:

SVT_Power

Quote from: VroomVroom on August 02, 2009, 08:00:07 AM
Haha no it's in MPH!

So am I worthy?

I got pulled over at almost your car's top speed. You need to go faster  :devil:

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 02, 2009, 08:02:37 AM
I got pulled over at almost your car's top speed. You need to go faster  :devil:

Stop bragging about your ticket, Eddie.  It's not polite with a new member.... :lol:

VroomVroom

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 02, 2009, 08:02:37 AM

Well you weren't doing that in a Mondeo ;)

SVT_Power

Quote from: VroomVroom on August 02, 2009, 08:17:26 AM
Well you weren't doing that in a Mondeo ;)

?

I do have a mondeo... (well the north american version of the ST200 anyway)

VroomVroom

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 02, 2009, 08:19:04 AM
?

I do have a mondeo... (well the north american version of the ST200 anyway)

In my area it's a mondeo..

So you did 220mph in a Mondeo?

SVT_Power

Quote from: VroomVroom on August 02, 2009, 08:25:00 AM

wait what?

I got pulled over at 103 mph. Where in the world did you come up with 220 mph  :confused:

dazzleman

Quote from: VroomVroom on August 02, 2009, 08:25:00 AM

If he'd gone that fast, he'd be in even worse trouble than he's already in.  :lockedup:

SVT_Power

Quote from: dazzleman on August 02, 2009, 08:26:50 AM
If he'd gone that fast, he'd be in even worse trouble than he's already in.  :lockedup:

If i was going that fast and the cop clocked me, I wouldn't have stopped...

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 02, 2009, 08:27:20 AM
If i was going that fast and the cop clocked me, I wouldn't have stopped...

They'd have gotten you sooner or later, and right now you'd be serving as Bubba's ladyboy..... :lockedup:

SVT_Power

Quote from: dazzleman on August 02, 2009, 08:28:23 AM
They'd have gotten you sooner or later, and right now you'd be serving as Bubba's ladyboy..... :lockedup:

easy there. It's still sunday morning  :evildude:

VroomVroom

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 02, 2009, 08:26:47 AM
wait what?

I got pulled over at 103 mph. Where in the world did you come up with 220 mph  :confused:

OOPS sorry!

Haha i read your post wrong, thought you put "I got pulled doing almost twice you cars speed"

My apologies :cheers:

VroomVroom

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 02, 2009, 08:29:08 AM
easy there. It's still sunday morning  :evildude:

I like the way you think!

But I'm trying NOT to gt any tickets as insurance costs too much ass it is :hammerhead:

SVT_Power

If you get clocked at 220 mph, your ass is going to jail anyway. You'll probably won't drive again for a long long long long time.

With those two things in mind and the fact that I've read numerous stories of common sports cars (like 350Z's) getting away from cops on the highway doing only like 150 mph, I'd take my chances.

VroomVroom

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 02, 2009, 08:33:35 AM
If you get clocked at 220 mph, your ass is going to jail anyway. You'll probably won't drive again for a long long long long time.

With those two things in mind and the fact that I've read numerous stories of common sports cars (like 350Z's) getting away from cops on the highway doing only like 150 mph, I'd take my chances.

I don't fancy my chances of my Corsa against a ISF in the UK :lol:

dazzleman

James, don't take advice from Eddie on this stuff.  He hasn't been out of trouble of some kind the entire time he's been posting here.

VroomVroom

Quote from: dazzleman on August 02, 2009, 08:40:35 AM
James, don't take advice from Eddie on this stuff.  He hasn't been out of trouble of some kind the entire time he's been posting here.

It's okay I follow my own path, I know my Corsa isn't the best car on the road so I'm not trying to prove it is anything special :ohyeah:

SVT_Power

Quote from: dazzleman on August 02, 2009, 08:40:35 AM

hey my first ticket  :evildude:

actually I did pick up that ticket in NY a long while ago. Had it reduced to a non moving violation though - probably why the cop said he was surprised I had a clean record  :lol:

dazzleman

You've gotten in more trouble than just traffic tickets Eddie.  Trouble in school, tearing up fields, failing classes, etc.  It's a pretty impressive record...:lol: