Infiniti M!

Started by 2o6, August 14, 2009, 08:43:11 PM

2o6

Not too sure how I feel about the front facia and how the character line protrudes outward. It looks a bit strange at the front.

Interior looks classy.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/14/monterey-2009-2011-infiniti-m-makes-virtual-reveal-in-pebble/

Gotta-Qik-C7

Nice! I'm not a fan of the grill 'tho.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

ifcar

The first photo, the profile, gives me an immediate "ugh" reaction. It looks good in the other views, but the interior styling is too carryover.

CALL_911

I like it! IMO, it definitely looks better than the W212.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Catman

OOoooooooo!   :wub:  Love it.  M56s   :ohyeah:

the Teuton

It's looks great -- a rare comment for this class.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

2o6

Quote from: the Teuton on August 14, 2009, 09:03:37 PM
It's looks great -- a rare comment for this class.

At first I was going to say something, but you're right. The 5-series and E-class are ugly. The GS and this are actually good looking.

Holy shit M56.  I expected the M50, but this is a surprise.

It only says over 400hp. 

I get the feeling it's quite alot over 400hp.  Nissan mentioned something about uniting it's endurance V8's from the truck line and the VK series V8's from it's luxury cars.

If we assume the same HP/L as the 5.0 V8 in the FX, we are looking at 437hp. 

the Teuton

Maybe the high performance version of this car will be that GT-R sedan everyone's been talking about.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Submariner

It's too swoopy.

Whether it grows on me or not is a different story.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

68_427

Very dramatic.

I rike it.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

CJ

I do not like this at all.  W212, please.  Actually, W211 please.

Vinsanity

Quote from: 565 on August 14, 2009, 09:36:02 PM
Holy shit M56.  I expected the M50, but this is a surprise.

hehe, same here.

I'm giggling like a little school girl looking at that decklid badge. It's like seeing the first digit on your paycheck +1 higher than usual

mojammer

Quote from: 565 on August 14, 2009, 09:36:02 PM
Holy shit M56.  I expected the M50, but this is a surprise.

It only says over 400hp.  

I get the feeling it's quite alot over 400hp.  Nissan mentioned something about uniting it's endurance V8's from the truck line and the VK series V8's from it's luxury cars.

If we assume the same HP/L as the 5.0 V8 in the FX, we are looking at 437hp.  

I think you're right, 420-440 is probably what they're going for.  It'll be enough to swoop the E550, and the next 400hp 5 series (on paper at least; that V8tt makes more like 450hp.)

The rear doors look small relative to the front doors.  

Also, supposedly it'll be larger than most other mid-sizers.  Is Infiniti making the M it's flagship, and renouncing a Q forever?

The first picture has some Panamera resemblance.

cawimmer430

The 3/4 rear profile looks like the Jaguar XF. I'm surprised nobody has said this yet since everyone was so quick to claim the W212 E-Class looks like a Lexus GS in the front and a Hyundai from the rear.  :rolleyes:

Is this the new Infiniti Essence design language? It looks very "European" somehow. I mean the side profile reminds me of classic Jaguar lines from the '50s and '60s. The front is pretty aggressive and has that Infiniti-look, but the rest of the car doesn't look like an 'Infiniti" to me. Maybe that will change when more models receive the Essence design language.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

CALL_911

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 15, 2009, 08:47:48 AM
The 3/4 rear profile looks like the Jaguar XF. I'm surprised nobody has said this yet since everyone was so quick to claim the W212 E-Class looks like a Lexus GS in the front and a Hyundai from the rear.  :rolleyes:

Is this the new Infiniti Essence design language? It looks very "European" somehow. I mean the side profile reminds me of classic Jaguar lines from the '50s and '60s. The front is pretty aggressive and has that Infiniti-look, but the rest of the car doesn't look like an 'Infiniti" to me. Maybe that will change when more models receive the Essence design language.

I don't see it. I see way more Hyundai/GS in the E than I see XF in this.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

ifcar

The M isn't necessarily attractive, but it certainly isn't in any way derivative.

cawimmer430

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 15, 2009, 08:49:48 AM
I don't see it. I see way more Hyundai/GS in the E than I see XF in this.

Yay! Argument time!

I get the feeling people here, being so friggin sports biased, love to hate on the cars which don't really focus on this aspect: E-Class, RL and the GS.

To me the rear of this M has something "Jaguar" about it and the side profile too. If I ever see the car in real life I might change my mind because pictures don't really tell the whole story. And until now I really don't see the Lexus GS aspect in the front of the E-Class. I just don't. There are no design cues from the GS in the front of the new W212. And the rear lights? The B-Class had this rear light design ages ago - it was incorporated into the new E-Class, stretched and reformed a bit. That's how I see it.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

ifcar

"I get the feeling people here, being so friggin sports biased, love to hate on the cars which don't really focus on this aspect: E-Class, RL and the GS."

The GS doesn't do either comfort or sport well, the RL is too much like a TL but more expensive, and the E-Class is too expensive.

cawimmer430

Quote from: ifcar on August 15, 2009, 08:55:34 AM
"I get the feeling people here, being so friggin sports biased, love to hate on the cars which don't really focus on this aspect: E-Class, RL and the GS."

The GS doesn't do either comfort or sport well, the RL is too much like a TL but more expensive, and the E-Class is too expensive.

I've read the same about the GS.

Why does everyone here hate the RL? I've seen a handful of Honda Legends here in Europe and it looks like a great car. Everything about it screams value. Is the drive that bad?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

ifcar

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 15, 2009, 09:00:40 AM
I've read the same about the GS.

Why does everyone here hate the RL? I've seen a handful of Honda Legends here in Europe and it looks like a great car. Everything about it screams value. Is the drive that bad?

It's not that it's bad, it's that it feels like a class below what it is. It's got very little if anything over Acura's own TL in space, power, or quality.

cawimmer430

Quote from: ifcar on August 15, 2009, 09:02:25 AM
It's not that it's bad, it's that it feels like a class below what it is. It's got very little if anything over Acura's own TL in space, power, or quality.

The 3.5 V6 of the RL makes how much horsepower?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

ifcar

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 15, 2009, 09:05:04 AM
The 3.5 V6 of the RL makes how much horsepower?

3.7-liter, 300 hp.

The TL has a standard 3.5-liter 280 hp V6, with an available 3.7-liter 305-hp.

cawimmer430

Quote from: ifcar on August 15, 2009, 09:07:12 AM
3.7-liter, 300 hp.

What are they thinking? A schoolbus has more horsepower!  :facepalm:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

ifcar

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 15, 2009, 09:07:57 AM
What are they thinking? A schoolbus has more horsepower!  :facepalm:

Again, it's not that the RL itself is bad, it's that Acura hasn't distinguished it from its own cheaper, newer TL. Sales have reflected that.

cawimmer430

Quote from: ifcar on August 15, 2009, 09:08:48 AM
Again, it's not that the RL itself is bad, it's that Acura hasn't distinguished it from its own cheaper, newer TL. Sales have reflected that.

I have a question. Are Americans that sensitive?

I mean the RL must offer more space than a TL, right? I have a hard time believing someone buying an RL will feel annoyed if a cheaper TL has more horsepower. Everyone here seems to think people go for cars based on horsepower and performance output - there is much more to a car than that and everyone here seems to be ignoring those aspects IMO.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Vinsanity

Quote from: mojammer on August 15, 2009, 03:19:50 AM
Also, supposedly it'll be larger than most other mid-sizers.  Is Infiniti making the M it's flagship, and renouncing a Q forever?

I believe that's the case with the current M. At least compared to its competitors in 2005.

The Q was always in the shadow of the Lexus LS, and was never successful that way. If Infiniti brought back the Q to compete with, say, the Mercedes CLS, then I bet they would find more success that way. At least it would be more interesting.

CALL_911

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 15, 2009, 09:11:58 AM
I have a question. Are Americans that sensitive?

I mean the RL must offer more space than a TL, right? I have a hard time believing someone buying an RL will feel annoyed if a cheaper TL has more horsepower. Everyone here seems to think people go for cars based on horsepower and performance output - there is much more to a car than that and everyone here seems to be ignoring those aspects IMO.

It doesn't offer more space than the TL, or the Accord, for that matter.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

cawimmer430

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 15, 2009, 09:20:35 AM
It doesn't offer more space than the TL, or the Accord, for that matter.

Wait, wait. The TL competes with the 3er right?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi