Infiniti M!

Started by 2o6, August 14, 2009, 08:43:11 PM

TBR

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on September 23, 2009, 02:39:08 PM
The GS is a very nice car.  No way it's bottom of the class IMO.

What's worse?

TBR

Doing some very quick research indicates that AWD V6 to AWD V6, the Infiniti costs pretty much the same and the A6 3.0T costs about $2000 more than the Lexus.

The Infiniti remains the best value in class since it is a better car than the GS for the same price.

CJ

I'd much rather have the GS over the Infiniti, which is ugly.  I'd take a pre-update A6 over all of them.

Catman

Quote from: CJ on September 23, 2009, 06:48:27 PM
I'd much rather have the GS over the Infiniti, which is ugly.  I'd take a pre-update A6 over all of them.

Something is wrong with you.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: CJ on September 23, 2009, 06:48:27 PM
I'd much rather have the GS over the Infiniti, which is ugly.  I'd take a pre-update A6 over all of them.

That sucks. The Lexus drives significantly worse than the Infiniti. The post-update A6 is better than all three that you mentioned.

CJ

I don't like the interior on the Infiniti either.  It's an all-around bad looking vehicle, in my opinion.  The Lexus has always looked good to me.  The interior is pretty nice as well.  I also don't like the updated A6's tail-end. 

Catman

Quote from: CJ on September 23, 2009, 07:04:41 PM
I don't like the interior on the Infiniti either.  It's an all-around bad looking vehicle, in my opinion.  The Lexus has always looked good to me.  The interior is pretty nice as well.  I also don't like the updated A6's tail-end. 

:facepalm:

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: CJ on September 23, 2009, 07:04:41 PM

So in other words, you are a woman?

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Catman on September 23, 2009, 06:53:53 PM
Something is wrong with you.
I would rather have an auto G35 coupe than a GTO... it doesn't matter how good a car is if it's dirt ugly. Just ask Acura.

CJ

cawimmer430

Quote from: sportyaccordy on September 22, 2009, 06:21:12 AM
Outgoing model was outdated performance-wise. Assuming the pricing doesn't change much the new car will be much more competitive.

And I agree that it looks bloated. But it is still a pretty sharp design. Plus to me the interior is win. For cars like this, arguably the interior is more important than the exterior (which is why I could prob see myself getting a last gen TL Type-S over an E60 530i or W211 E350).

IMO Lexus better shape up, the weak ass GS doesn't stand a chance.

I probably will never see this car in real life. Infiniti "has been sold over here" for quite some time now and I've never seen any. Oh wait, that's because when an Infiniti press release talks about "sales in Europe" they mean Russia!  :facepalm:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raza

Quote from: ifcar on September 23, 2009, 07:26:35 AM
Reviews I've read of the GS say it falls behind in both ride and handling, and I can say it very obviously lacks interior space for its size.

Where would you say it makes up for that?

I've driven a GS and say it doesn't fail in ride, but I didn't have the chance to test the handling really.  I haven't looked at numbers, but if it's low on interior space then I didn't notice it.  It fit four adults comfortably. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: sportyaccordy on September 23, 2009, 08:22:46 PM
I would rather have an auto G35 coupe than a GTO... it doesn't matter how good a car is if it's dirt ugly. Just ask Acura.

But the GTO looks so much better than the G35 coupe.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: TBR on September 23, 2009, 04:45:10 PM
The Infiniti remains the best value in class since it is a better car than the GS for the same price.

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on September 23, 2009, 06:57:46 PM
That sucks. The Lexus drives significantly worse than the Infiniti. The post-update A6 is better than all three that you mentioned.

Source?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

Quote from: Raza  on September 24, 2009, 11:15:49 AM
Source?

All the comparison tests that placed the Infiniti in front of the Lexus :huh:

ifcar

Quote from: Raza  on September 24, 2009, 11:12:17 AM
I've driven a GS and say it doesn't fail in ride, but I didn't have the chance to test the handling really.  I haven't looked at numbers, but if it's low on interior space then I didn't notice it.  It fit four adults comfortably. 

Doesn't.

Raza

Quote from: TBR on September 24, 2009, 11:23:02 AM
All the comparison tests that placed the Infiniti in front of the Lexus :huh:

Show me the tests. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Quote from: ifcar on September 24, 2009, 11:24:51 AM
Doesn't.

That's funny, because all four adults in the car were comfortable. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=19598.msg1166305#msg1166305 date=1253813245
That's funny, because all four adults in the car were comfortable.  

I guess they have low standards. Comfortable compared to what? Any other sedan that costs $45,000, or even the average compact car? I'd think not.

Raza

Quote from: ifcar on September 24, 2009, 11:28:18 AM
I guess they have low standards. Comfortable compared to what? Any other sedan that costs $45,000, or even the average compact car? I'd think not.

It was me, my brother, my father, and the salesman.  50% of them have no idea what an average compact car is like.  And I saw four adults fit comfortably in my car as well, which is a compact, so that should be a pretty good benchmark.  How much less room does it have than an A6 or Infiniti M?  I remember hearing that the M was cramped. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

Quote from: Raza  on September 24, 2009, 11:30:50 AM
It was me, my brother, my father, and the salesman.  50% of them have no idea what an average compact car is like.  And I saw four adults fit comfortably in my car as well, which is a compact, so that should be a pretty good benchmark.  How much less room does it have than an A6 or Infiniti M?  I remember hearing that the M was cramped. 

Salesmen are paid to act comfortable in anything they're trying to sell, and that sounds like it was a fairly short drive. The A6 and M are much roomier.

sportyaccordy

FWIW,

The GS placed 3rd in this comparo link

ifcar

TBR

Quote from: sportyaccordy on September 24, 2009, 11:38:48 AM
FWIW,

The GS placed 3rd in this comparo link

Ahead of 4 cars that have either been significantly redone or completely redesigned.

Raza

Quote from: ifcar on September 24, 2009, 11:35:46 AM
Salesmen are paid to act comfortable in anything they're trying to sell, and that sounds like it was a fairly short drive. The A6 and M are much roomier.

It wasn't a short drive, it just didn't involve twisty roads.  And are you implying that I, my brother, and my father judge our own comfort levels based on how comfortable another person looks? 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=19598.msg1166272#msg1166272 date=1253812549
Source?

One of my friends has a GS430 that I've driven a lot, and of course I've driven my father's M a lot. The M drives much better than the GS. The steering is much better (the GS has really vague and slow reacting steering), it handles better, and it's more predictable since I have an idea of what's going on with the wheels. The post-facelift A6 is awesome, I'm just assuming it's better  :lol:

The GS looks a lot better (I think the Infiniti is a bit ugly), but whenever I drive the GS I can't get over the fact that my friend got it. His family owns a Toyota dealer and a Nissan dealer, so he could choose between Infiniti and Lexus and he went with the Lexus since it has higher snob appeal (I'm guessing, he would totally do that).

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Raza  on September 24, 2009, 11:46:49 AM
It wasn't a short drive, it just didn't involve twisty roads.  And are you implying that I, my brother, and my father judge our own comfort levels based on how comfortable another person looks? 

You yourself implied that in the post ifcar quoted.

I doubt the GS is "uncomfortable". The one before it was plenty comfy for 4 fully grown adults, and I can't imagine the one that followed being uncomfortable.

Raza

Quote from: sportyaccordy on September 24, 2009, 12:39:27 PM
You yourself implied that in the post ifcar quoted.

I doubt the GS is "uncomfortable". The one before it was plenty comfy for 4 fully grown adults, and I can't imagine the one that followed being uncomfortable.

I said that all four of us were comfortable.  We didn't sit, look at the salesman, and then decided we were comfortable because he looked comfortable.  That's ridiculous. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i