Maybe I don't want to work on my cars anymore.

Started by Rupert, August 28, 2009, 08:39:57 PM

S204STi

Quote from: Raza  on September 02, 2009, 10:57:54 AM
Yeah, I've been meaning to get jack stands for a while.  Do I really need the wheel chocks though? 

You may not, but they are handy for ensuring that the vehicle doesn't roll off as you're jacking one axle.  Use your discretion on that one I guess.

r0tor

Quote from: R-inge on September 02, 2009, 10:59:14 AM
No, I mean colored chalks.

really fat ones too cause theres nothing worse then having your damn chalk break
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

93JC

S204STi

Quote from: 93JC on September 02, 2009, 11:31:03 AM
Which one works best? Pink? Light blue?

I couldn't tell you which was which, so pick one. :lol:

Byteme

Quote from: R-inge on September 02, 2009, 10:59:14 AM
No, I mean colored chalks.

Is that to outline the body on the pavement when the car falls off the jack and crushes him becasue he didn't have jackstands?

S204STi

Quote from: Byteme on September 02, 2009, 11:57:47 AM
Is that to outline the body on the pavement when the car falls off the jack and crushes him becasue he didn't have jackstands?

Indeed.

BimmerM3

Quote from: sportyaccordy on August 29, 2009, 06:17:12 PM
Yea I absolutely hate working on my car as well. But I hate driving a car w/o a stereo or shitty suspension or w/e. Big lesson learned: just get a better car to begin with.

I don't really mind doing stereo work (nothing on my stereo is stock except the antenna, including all wiring), but I'm not such a huge fan of mechanical work. This is why the E21 has sat motionless for over a year. I keep telling myself that I'll just get it running and then sell it since I'll get more for it that way, but the longer I wait, the more I realize that I'm probably just going to try and sell it as is.

BimmerM3

Quote from: sportyaccordy on September 01, 2009, 06:24:24 PM
My rear speakers don't work. Wiring on Hondas, even old ones, usually isn't bad so I don't know what it could be. I will tear into it this weekend.

Did they both stop working simultaneously? That would be very strange. I would just check to make sure they're plugged in first though. When I still had my stock speakers, one of the wires managed to wiggle itself off somehow.