The Latest On the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee... and Alfa Romeo Derivative!

Started by Atomic, September 07, 2009, 08:55:48 PM

Atomic

the more i read and see of the highly anticipated mercedes-benz based jeep grand cherokee for 2011, the more excited i become. the rendering of an alleged alfa romeo version (also featured) is breathtaking, with no evidence of any badge engineering. thank god! i hope you are equally impressed with what i found on the net... enjoy!

http://www.allpar.com/trucks/jeep/2011-cherokee.html

the only discrepancy i detect from the detailed article and what my buddy from chrysler insists is the due date for this upcoming gem from jeep. my friend insists that the upcoming jeep g.c. should be on the market by spring 2010. only time will tell.

mzziaz

Wat?

That Alfa Romeo rendering looks like it was made by a blind 3 year old.
Ugly too.
Cuore Sportivo

Xer0

Oh, I like it, looks really nice.  And that V6 looks good from the specs.

Now, that Alfa, has got to go.  I don't think Alfa should battle Honda for the ugliest vehicles on the road

nickdrinkwater

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Galaxy

"The 3.6-liter V-6 engine is a completely new, state of the art design....Direct injection was left out of the V6 ? an engineer explained that it caused more roughness and noise than was desirable on a luxury vehicle, and that the benefits did not merit using it at this time."
:facepalm:
Bringing out a new engine in 2010 without direct injection is simply an embarresment. That comment by the the engineer is a load of crap.

"The Phoenix V6 comes with the Mercedes W5A580 five-speed automatic."
They should have used bankruptcy to throw out this contract. The ZF 6 speed with low range used  in the Touareg can't be more expensive. Or they could have gone for the new 8 speed.

3.0L V6

Quote from: Galaxy on September 08, 2009, 06:12:18 AM
"The 3.6-liter V-6 engine is a completely new, state of the art design....Direct injection was left out of the V6 ? an engineer explained that it caused more roughness and noise than was desirable on a luxury vehicle, and that the benefits did not merit using it at this time."
Bringing out a new engine in 2010 without direct injection is simply an embarresment. That comment by the the engineer is a load of crap.

"The Phoenix V6 comes with the Mercedes W5A580 five-speed automatic."
They should have used bankruptcy to throw out this contract. The ZF 6 speed with low range used  in the Touareg can't be more expensive. Or they could have gone for the new 8 speed.

The V6 was designed to be used in Mercedes products too - also, by the time Daimler wanted to be rid of Chrysler, the V6 design was probably too far along to make a Chrysler-specific bellhousing pattern possible and simply had to use what was there.

As for direct-injection, well, Chrysler hasn't had the best time introducing new technology (Ultradrive, anyone?), has just been through bankruptcy court (no money to spare), and is likely just playing it safe with a new engine design - best to take a conservative path with a new engine design to work out the kinks first. I imagine we'll see DI in the near future.

S204STi

I'm glad Allpar still has a 12yr old doing their "artist's renderings". 

But the Jeep looks very nice, much better than the current vehicle.  I hope it's successful.