Porsche 989 Lives!!!

Started by BMWDave, August 17, 2005, 11:57:49 AM

BMWDave

"Turns out that Porsche Panamera predecessor (AW, Aug. 8)?the early ?90s Porsche four-door prototype dubbed 989?wasn?t as secret as we were led to believe. Though Porsche officials initially told AutoWeek the car was never shown publicly, was never photographed and was crushed when production plans didn?t materialize, we?ve since learned the car was photographed by at least one German magazine (though Porsche says it never released official photos and a press release) and the car wasn?t destroyed back in 1991 as thought, but remains under wraps somewhere in the Porsche empire. Also, though the Panamera due in 2008 will be a front-engine four-door, the 989 that spawned many of later 911 suspension and styling improvements was likely a rear-engine, 911-based one-off."

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

i like this much better than teh panamera.

giant_mtb

BMWDave

Its absolutely amazing...that car was made in 1991, and it still looks new!

2007 Honda S2000

Secret Chimp

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

BMWDave

QuoteThat an ugly car.
It was made a very long time ago, almost 16 years.  I'm sure the new Panamera will have updated styling ;)  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteThat an ugly car.
It was made a very long time ago, almost 16 years.  I'm sure the new Panamera will have updated styling ;)
you mean 14 years.

BMWDave

QuoteThat an ugly car.
you mean 14 years.
The development for the car was initiated in the late 80s, 1988 to be precise ;)

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteThat an ugly car.
you mean 14 years.
The development for the car was initiated in the late 80s, 1988 to be precise ;)
then you mean 17 years. :lol:  

BMWDave

QuoteThat an ugly car.
you mean 14 years.
then you mean 17 years. :lol:
But the car was created until a little later...either way, its around 16 or almost 16 years ;)

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Those rear seats can't have much headroom and it looks too much like an elongated 911 (guess that shouldn't be a surprise as that is all it is)

Secret Chimp

I don't mean ugly as in old, that's just a gross-ass shape. It looks like a 911 after a penis pump.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Pancor

Wow, who would have thought a 911 would look good with 4 doors?  

850CSi

It looks terribly disproportioned.

Raghavan

QuoteIt looks terribly disproportioned.
how?

Raza

That second pic, if you weren't looking closely, could easily be mistaken for a 996.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

850CSi

QuoteIt looks terribly disproportioned.
how?
Just stretching it like that ruined the car's design.

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club