2006 Chevrolet S3X Spy Photos

Started by BMWDave, August 17, 2005, 12:32:07 PM

BMWDave

2006 Chevrolet S3X Spy Photos
by Przemek Lis
edited 08-15-2005

Editor's NOTE: Photos Published 08/15/2005 - Story originally published 04/26/2005 "2006 Opel Frontera Spy Photos"

The 2006 Opel Frontera II marks the return of the Opel SUV. Just like the previous Frontera, the second generation will also come from another manufacturer. This time a Chevrolet/Daewoo joint venture is the source for the new SUV. The Chevrolet S3X concept unveiled at the 2004 Paris Auto Show provides a good clue to the new Frontera II. The front will be slightly changed to accommodate the new Opel corporate front. Interior will remain relatively the same, with a manual being offered in Europe as standard. Possible introduction dates are either Paris 2005 or 2005 Frankfurt. Sales should start in early 2006.

With the recent rename of the Daewoo brand in Europe to Chevrolet, the new S3X will also come as a new Chevrolet. Engines will be shared with the Opel, including the first Chevrolet diesel. The Daewoo version will be only sold in ASEAN markets.

In addition to the above 3 mentioned brands, Saturn and Buick may also receive the S3X concept as an addition or replacements to their lineups. The Saturn Vue is expected to be replaced with the S3X in the near future. North American models are expected to receive either 5 or 7 seats with the Opel Frontera possibly using 7 seats.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

giant_mtb

Why is everybody making more SUV's.  <_<  

Run Away

Hahaha!

All the computer geeks will know what I'm talking about. :lol:

giant_mtb

"The Daewoo version will be only sold in ASEAN markets."

Is that supposed to be a play on words?  :lol:

MrH

QuoteHahaha!

That's the exact thing I thought of when I saw the name.  Seriously, is GM that stupid?  The LaCrosse incident, and now this?  Lutz is a nympho, I knew it.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

BMWDave

QuoteHahaha!

That's the exact thing I thought of when I saw the name.  Seriously, is GM that stupid?  The LaCrosse incident, and now this?  Lutz is a nympho, I knew it.
:lol:  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

giant_mtb

S3X will help it attract younger buyers.  It might even attract the older people who have to use drugs in order to...well...

Raghavan

QuoteHahaha!

i don't get it...

Run Away

QuoteHahaha!

i don't get it...
If they actually use this name in production, over 50% of young people will see S3X and read SEX.

Basically, it'll be called the Chevrolet Sex.  :lol:  

93JC

QuoteIf they actually use this name in production, over 50% of young people will see S3X and read SEX.
Over 50% of nerds...  :rolleyes:  

Raghavan

QuoteHahaha!

i don't get it...
If they actually use this name in production, over 50% of young people will see S3X and read SEX.

Basically, it'll be called the Chevrolet Sex.  :lol:
and why will only the computer geeks know what you're talking about?

SargeMonkey

Because S3X spells Sex in l33t.
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454
`70 Chevy Fleetside (non running)
`91 Camry XL All-trac 4cyl
`86 Toyota Pickup (475k miles)
`92 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4" lift 35" tires.