Maserati CC takes shape

Started by BMWDave, August 18, 2005, 06:18:55 AM

BMWDave

Maserati CC takes shape

These are the best pictures yet of the next Maserati Coup?. Codenamed LM139, the car was caught by our spy snappers leaving sister company Ferrari's Maranello factory in Italy.

It's just possible to make out the firm's trademark oval grille - as seen on the Quattroporte saloon - beneath the heavy disguise. But the real interest lies at the rear; engineers have cleverly hidden the all-new folding metal roof mechanism, a company first. The new model could employ a flip-over design such as that on Ferrari's Superamerica, or a conventional CC set-up.

The 4.2-litre V8 car could also provide the base for an all-new entry-level Ferrari. There are rumours of a front-engined two-seater, badged the Dino. It would be priced around ?90,000, well below the F430's ?118,000.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

giant_mtb

What's up with the rump?  It's gonna have terrible rear visibility and it's going to look ugly like that...

BMWDave

QuoteWhat's up with the rump?  It's gonna have terrible rear visibility and it's going to look ugly like that...
Thats just a complex disguise to hide everything about the convertible top...

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

QuoteWhat's up with the rump?  It's gonna have terrible rear visibility and it's going to look ugly like that...
Thats just a complex disguise to hide everything about the convertible top...
Oh...good. ^_^

autom?vel

Nice find, Dave.

Any opinions on Maserati going from Ferrari back to Fiat and being paired with Alfa Romeo?
?Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.?
          -  Teddy Roosevelt

TBR

For a minute I was afraid they were trying to go retro:

But then I read the rest of the article.

CaseyNPham

The curve of the window makes me think the rear window will be a little small. The door however, looks nice. The rest is a whole blob BESIDES the way the hood is curvier looking than the Quattroporte and the nose is a little lower at the front. It already looks like it's about to charge ^_^
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

CaseyNPham

I just noticed... Is that car small or are those wheels made to support the Star Jones of last year?
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

BMWDave

QuoteFor a minute I was afraid they were trying to go retro:

But then I read the rest of the article.
The Bora was a beautiful car :wub:

2007 Honda S2000