Started by Fire It Up, August 18, 2005, 10:54:49 AM

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

The Murcielago was a poor choice in this test.  AWD is a power sapper.  So was the TT, technically.  But how much can I buy one of those for?  Damn, HPA rules.

The Vortech Mustang also beat the Ford GT...Yowza!  Beautiful color, too.  

Ugly color on the Ruf.  Amazing machine, though.

Jag XKR Trans AM?  Best Jag ever.

Ruf Yellowbird!?  AMAZING!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

jadewolf123

I atually liked that more than C/D's supercar shootout. The Hennesey would win, it had 1000 frickin HP, but I want to see what a Lingenfelter vette will do in the mile. I think Steve Dumlers vette that was in CD had close to 1300 HP. Mad props to Alois Ruf. I'd get a R Turbo in Black if i had the cash.
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

Run Away

Pretty cool, but no way is that more interesting than C&D's supercar shootouts.

C&D incorporates all aspects of performance, this is just an acceleration test.

Run Away

It's test like these that seperate the real supercars from the tuner cars though.

On the Prelude forums, there are a few guys with some VERY fast Preludes that run with 500hp Cobras and Supras, but the difference is that the Preludes hit redline in top gear at like 140mph whereas the others just keep on pulling.

giant_mtb

The Prius was most deffinitely the winner here.  :praise:  

Raza

I can't believe the Yellowbird is still so strong.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Fire It Up

QuoteI can't believe the Yellowbird is still so strong.
Praise Ruf!

They shoulda picked up the Veilside R34 Street Drag from down under. It woulda kicked everycars' ass.  

Run Away

Yeah, I'm pretty sure a Supra would have done VERY well in a test like this.
They can't get out of the hole so their 1/4 mile times don't differ much but once they get on the highway - watch out.
The joke "what do a 600hp Supra and a 900hp Supra have in common? A 12 second timeslip" holds pretty true actually, but give them traction and 900hp will get the car moving FAST.

Laconian

What the hell. Why do they transition midway through the launch sequences? Did they botch the 1-2 shifts or something? :P :P :P :P
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Raghavan

Fire It Up

QuoteYeah, I'm pretty sure a Supra would have done VERY well in a test like this.
They can't get out of the hole so their 1/4 mile times don't differ much but once they get on the highway - watch out.
The joke "what do a 600hp Supra and a 900hp Supra have in common? A 12 second timeslip" holds pretty true actually, but give them traction and 900hp will get the car moving FAST.
A 400something SUpra will score a 12...