World's Best Car

Started by SVT666, October 05, 2009, 12:07:24 PM

sportyaccordy

E39 BMW M5.... pretty much has enough of anything anyone who likes cars would want

V8 rumble? Check.
World class handling? Check
Sumptuous interior with room for 4? Check
Classic good looks? Check

Raza's logic is pretty hard to beat though.

MrH

Hard to argue with Raza.

But a close second would be an E90 M3.  It's practical, relatively spacious, ridiculous performance, and tons of awesome technology.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

sportyaccordy

Quote from: MrH on October 05, 2009, 08:34:28 PM
Hard to argue with Raza.

But a close second would be an E90 M3.  It's practical, relatively spacious, ridiculous performance, and tons of awesome technology.
There's something to be said for accomplishing the same goals more simply

CJ

Mercedes S-Class.  Why?  If you want to see the future of the automobile, just look at the S-Class.  Yes, I got this from an E-Class commercial, but the point still stands.  The S-Class has always been a pioneer in automotive technology. 

the Teuton

If you're coming here from outer space, chances are most technology outside of your own will pretty much suck. Think of an alien spacecraft as an iDrive that actually works. I know, it's scary.

All we have to compete is with our quirkiness (British sports cars), ass-backwards cars (Porsche), and with unparalleled innovation that no one else would ever think of (the glorious Lumina, of course).
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Laconian

Quote from: MX793 on October 05, 2009, 08:09:42 PM
That's a given.  In fact, it's that marvel of human ingenuity, that fantastic piece of packaging efficiency, that is the reason why it is the best car.  It would no doubt impress even the most advanced of alien races and I'm sure they'd immediately seek ways to implement it on their spacecraft.
I think they would flee in terror, having witnessed such a prime example of our superior intellect.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Tave on October 05, 2009, 07:04:42 PM
I'll go with the Vette: iconic, affordable, attainable, powerful, agile, winning, sexy, and, most importantly....American. :ohyeah:
Agreed!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Onslaught

The Aztec.

The only way you could find someone who didn't throw up looking at it would be if their from space.

ChrisV

I'd choose something that could cover the most terrestrial territory (and not necessarily roads) comfortably and efficiently.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

SVT666

Quote from: ChrisV on October 06, 2009, 11:16:59 AM
I'd choose something that could cover the most terrestrial territory (and not necessarily roads) comfortably and efficiently.
I was thinking the same thing.  I would pick the SVT Raptor in that case.

Vinsanity

Quote from: HEMI666 on October 06, 2009, 11:58:47 AM
I was thinking the same thing.  I would pick the SVT Raptor in that case.

I was thinking Range Rover/Land Cruiser/Gelandewagen (or maybe a GL320 CDI)

SVT666

Quote from: Vinsanity on October 06, 2009, 12:03:02 PM
I was thinking Range Rover/Land Cruiser/Gelandewagen (or maybe a GL320 CDI)
Though none of those can do what the Raptor can do.

Submariner

Quote from: HEMI666 on October 06, 2009, 12:03:32 PM

Cover said territory looking like an 8 year old high on sugar went a little too overboard in "TONKA'S BIG RIG COLORING BOOK"?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Onslaught

Quote from: Submariner on October 06, 2009, 12:31:50 PM
Cover said territory looking like an 8 year old high on sugar went a little too overboard in "TONKA'S BIG RIG COLORING BOOK"?
It's got ugly all to itself.

2o6

Quote from: HEMI666 on October 06, 2009, 12:03:32 PM

I thought that the Raptor didn't have low range!?

ChrisV

Quote from: 2o6 on October 06, 2009, 01:26:41 PM

Doesn't need one, as it's high range cruises over the rough stuff at high speed. ;)
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

SVT666

Quote from: 2o6 on October 06, 2009, 01:26:41 PM

Where have you been?  It's got low range, hill decent in both forward and reverse, locking differential that is good up to 100 mph, etc.

S204STi

Range Rover Sport? :praise:

Payman

The Deathmobile. They won't want to fuck with us.

Submariner

Quote from: HEMI666 on October 06, 2009, 02:56:35 PM
Where have you been?  It's got low range, hill decent in both forward and reverse, locking differential that is good up to 100 mph, etc.

High speed cornering with locked diff's is all the rage nowadays. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=20116.msg1175422#msg1175422 date=1254877484
Thanks.  :lol:

I was not very impressed.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Northlands

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

cawimmer430

Easy. The car that won the "Best Saloon Car of the 20th Century" award: 1976-1985 Mercedes W123

-Reliable
-Build Quality
-Comfortable
-Spacious
-Various engine options to suit a huge range of buyers
-Timeless design

You name it.  :rockon:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

NomisR

Eye of the Tiger

Byteme

Debate over.  Ford Model T.  Hands down

The car that put the world on wheels.

Could go anywhere anyone needed to go in a car at a time when most roads were little more than dirt paths.

Could carry a tremendous amount of cargo for it's size and weight.

Could be repaired by a semi-skilled workers.

Harder to kill than a cockroach.

Sociologically had a greater impact on the United states (and probably the rest of the world) than any other consumer product of the 20th century.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Byteme on October 08, 2009, 06:42:36 AM
Debate over.  Ford Model T.  Hands down

The car that put the world on wheels.

Could go anywhere anyone needed to go in a car at a time when most roads were little more than dirt paths.

Could carry a tremendous amount of cargo for it's size and weight.

Could be repaired by a semi-skilled workers.

Harder to kill than a cockroach.

Sociologically had a greater impact on the United states (and probably the rest of the world) than any other consumer product of the 20th century.

What a horrible car.