Calling it quits.

Started by TBR, October 14, 2009, 09:22:47 AM

TBR

Quote from: Psilos on October 19, 2009, 09:38:43 PM
Well, those are all asking prices, and none of those cars are above 220 kmiles. I dunno, maybe you can $3k for it... I would expect $2-2.3k with those miles.

$3k would be my asking price, I'd be quite happy with $2.5k and content with $2k.

And, while those cars have fewer miles, they are by most accounts less desirable cars as most are in significantly worse condition.

TBR

After I get paid for October I am taking the Prelude to be fixed.

Raza

Quote from: Psilos on October 19, 2009, 09:38:43 PM
Well, those are all asking prices, and none of those cars are above 220 kmiles. I dunno, maybe you can $3k for it... I would expect $2-2.3k with those miles.

I wouldn't pay more than a grand for it myself, but if someone else will, good for Tim. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Submariner

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/1405368665.html

1992 honda prelude si 200xxx on body 50xxx on motor
white and primer paint could be better but no rust at all
clean title
this car is my daily driver and gets driven back and forth to work

Granted, your car is newer, but this is going for 2200 with 1/4th the miles on the engine and 1/2 the miles on the body...
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

sportyaccordy

Quote from: TBR on October 19, 2009, 04:19:30 PM
You're in NYC, that's the difference.

Besides, I think that my car is worth more than yours anyway. It's a Prelude, it's newer, the exterior is certainly in better shape, and, short of the suspension problems, it is in pretty good shape as well.
Yea the Accord body really kills it. It's a shame cause they're essentially the same car, but mine is 1000x more practical (and less nimble).

And yea with all the money you put into fixing it up you might as well enjoy it for a while. I will not make back what I spent on this car just this year alone, even if I got 2500 for it. Lesson learned...

My friend has a 95 Si in the rare midnight blue color with an H22 in it just sitting in his yard. It's been there for about a year now. Prob a $4,000 car. Immaculate (by NYC standards). Fun fun fun car too. Almost bought it...

TBR

Quote from: Submariner on October 20, 2009, 10:24:09 AM
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/1405368665.html

1992 honda prelude si 200xxx on body 50xxx on motor
white and primer paint could be better but no rust at all
clean title
this car is my daily driver and gets driven back and forth to work

Granted, your car is newer, but this is going for 2200 with 1/4th the miles on the engine and 1/2 the miles on the body...

My car is newer, has a functional transmission, and can be revved above 4000 (from the sound of it they must be using a H23 ECU with the H22 motor).

I do love your generation Accord though. That's what my mechanic has as a loaner. The suspension has too much sway in it (yet isn't any more comfortable, not sure how Honda managed that), and the engine can't even compare (from both sound and performance perspectives), but it is still very fun to drive nonetheless.

CALL_911

It's like you guys are having a friendly pissing contest. :lol:

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

TBR

Quote from: CALL_911 on October 20, 2009, 01:45:31 PM
It's like you guys are having a friendly pissing contest. :lol:

No pissing contest. I'd love to have a 1992 EX 5MT.

That said, my Prelude is still worth more than his Accord. :tounge:

sportyaccordy

Quote from: TBR on October 20, 2009, 10:37:06 AM
My car is newer, has a functional transmission, and can be revved above 4000 (from the sound of it they must be using a H23 ECU with the H22 motor).

I do love your generation Accord though. That's what my mechanic has as a loaner. The suspension has too much sway in it (yet isn't any more comfortable, not sure how Honda managed that), and the engine can't even compare (from both sound and performance perspectives), but it is still very fun to drive nonetheless.
My friend took me on a run through some hills in his Prelude... stock suspension... it handled better than my first Accord, with the best suspension you can buy (Koni Sports + Neuspeed springs). That small wheelbase makes a huge difference.

If you're gonna replace all the bushings you should go with Energy Suspension's full set.

TBR

Quote from: sportyaccordy on October 20, 2009, 07:56:21 PM
My friend took me on a run through some hills in his Prelude... stock suspension... it handled better than my first Accord, with the best suspension you can buy (Koni Sports + Neuspeed springs). That small wheelbase makes a huge difference.

If you're gonna replace all the bushings you should go with Energy Suspension's full set.

Way to make me feel like I am making the right choice :praise:

The Prelude really was a great car. Comfortable, refined, economical, reliable, and great fun to drive. Not practical though, that's for sure.

BENZ BOY15

How about another Prelude?

TBR

If I was to get another car I would get something bigger.

As is, the plan is take the Prelude in Monday or Tuesday and drive down to Atlanta over the weekend (Deacs vs. Yellowjackets).

Raza

How about you get two Preludes and tie them together?  8 seats without the feminine feeling of a minivan!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.