?Fifth Gear? headed to the crusher

Started by SVT666, October 19, 2009, 01:31:24 PM

heelntoe

Quote from: r0tor on October 21, 2009, 10:52:02 AM
What will happen to Vicki????  :cry:
Her father husband(damn, she's married) is the series producer of Top Gear or something like that, so I'm guessing it won't be long before she's on screen again...
@heelntoe

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

93JC

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FlatBlackCaddy

What a loss, i really liked the show.

Not as much as Top Gear, but damn close and in ways i liked certain parts of fifth gear better than top gear.

Top gear is very entertaining, however Fifth gear filled a role that tended to be more serious. Jeremy and gang are fantastic car guys and I enjoy watching their reviews. However I often went to tiff when i wanted a better(and less entertaining/more serious) review of a vehicle. He was very much the opposite of jeremy. While jeremy was off the wall and often over exaggerated(both good and bad) aspects of many cars tiff offered a more suttle and suave approach to reviewing a car. Capable of throwing some fun in here and there(often in the form of ass out showboating) he gave a much more professional and classical enthusiast review for the cars he drove. Also vicki and jason(i'm surprised nobody mention him) were both fantastic and the goofy nature of the big fellow(curly hair, is that jonathan?) made for a pretty good cast IMO.

SVT666

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 21, 2009, 08:53:01 PM
What a loss, i really liked the show.

Not as much as Top Gear, but damn close and in ways i liked certain parts of fifth gear better than top gear.

Top gear is very entertaining, however Fifth gear filled a role that tended to be more serious. Jeremy and gang are fantastic car guys and I enjoy watching their reviews. However I often went to tiff when i wanted a better(and less entertaining/more serious) review of a vehicle. He was very much the opposite of jeremy. While jeremy was off the wall and often over exaggerated(both good and bad) aspects of many cars tiff offered a more suttle and suave approach to reviewing a car. Capable of throwing some fun in here and there(often in the form of ass out showboating) he gave a much more professional and classical enthusiast review for the cars he drove. Also vicki and jason(i'm surprised nobody mention him) were both fantastic and the goofy nature of the big fellow(curly hair, is that jonathan?) made for a pretty good cast IMO.
Tom.  I can't stand Tom.  Jason and Vicki were my favourites on that show.  Tiff's commentary often got annoying to me.

Sounds like Fifth gear is coming back this spring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFmOVgDrk_E

Tiff announces a new season about 4 minutes into the video, during the rehearsal for autosport international show, then confirms during the actual performance that despite rumors of cancellation the new season is coming, around the 6:45 mark.

I am glad it's coming back.  I basically watch this show for Vicki.

Onslaught

Other than the fact that she can drive, Vicki does nothing for me.

S204STi

Quote from: Onslaught on January 26, 2010, 06:56:31 PM
Other than the fact that she can drive, Vicki does nothing for me.

I'd go a step further and say that I just skip her parts, but I don't really watch the show except on youtoob anyway.

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

sportyaccordy

I don't like how Fifth Gear seems to only have positive things to say about the cars they test.........

2o6

Quote from: sportyaccordy on January 28, 2010, 10:32:51 AM
I don't like how Fifth Gear seems to only have positive things to say about the cars they test.........

Not really....

It's an actual review show. I think it gets that point across rather well.

cawimmer430

Vicki was so annoying. Her giggling just pissed me off.  :facepalm:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie