Mighty Evo X revealed

Started by BMWDave, August 19, 2005, 06:17:07 AM

BMWDave

Mighty Evo X revealed

It's a perfect 10 for Mitsubishi. Auto Express can exclusively reveal the Evo X ahead of its debut at October's Tokyo Motor Show. And to prepare the world for the rally bred saloon, Mitsubishi will unveil a concept version of the standard Lancer at next month's Frankfurt expo.

Designers have exposed their plans and released an official picture of the new four-door (second image). But with the ninth incarnation of the Evolution only recently launched, it's a surprise details of its successor are being revealed now.
With sleek, aggressive styling, the next-generation Lancer promises to be a genuinely attractive saloon. But the four-door will only be sold here in hot Evo X form. Cheaper variants are likely in five-door and estate guises, with all versions going on sale in the UK in mid-2007.

The thrilling newcomer promises to represent a big step forward in design and engineering quality. With the benefit of a new platform, the Evo X will deliver a more extreme driving experience than its predecessors, and sharper performance. The firm is already working on an advanced all-wheel-drive transmission which it hopes will better anything future Subaru Imprezas can offer.

Under the bonnet is a fresh 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine, which will be turbocharged to give a minimum of 320bhp. Flagship machines are expected to boast more than 400bhp, surpassing even the hardest-tuned editions of the Evo IX.
Chris Thorp/Picture: MA Design

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

I'm not sold on the gaping grille, but it looks very nice otherwise.  

Fire It Up

Better than the WRX. And with just a little adjusting itll be one bad ass looking Lancer.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

giant_mtb

It's an improvement.  It has more snarl to the front end and it sits lower and meaner with a more proportional body.  Except for the grill, I don't mind my dream car's next-gen competitor. ^_^

Raza

Looks much, much better than the Evo8.  The proportions seem to have been fixed.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Run Away

Laconian

"Genuinely attractive" styling, wtf? Genuinely frightening is more like it. And 320hp+ in that thing... brutal!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Minpin

I like everything but that wing and that grill......
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

TBR

That is one of the worse photoshops I've ever published by a credible source. Besides that, it has way too much 3-series influence (both E46 and E90) and the  rear deck is too short. I am not a fan.

ifcar

What gives you the impression that it's a fake?

TBR

Mainly, "Chris Thorp/Picture: MA Design " ;) but the quality of it is very rough, a lot of fuzz and weird reflections.

ifcar

It was clearly not a photograph. I thought you were referring to the legitimacy of the picture (chops can be based on actual knowledge, and often are) rather than the image quality.

TBR

Raghavan

CaseyNPham

QuoteBetter than the WRX. And with just a little adjusting itll be one bad ass looking Lancer.
I think they should narrow the grille and make the headlights a little longer and it would be super awesomeo--

wait, 320 hp????????!!!!!!!
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

Fire It Up

QuoteBetter than the WRX. And with just a little adjusting itll be one bad ass looking Lancer.
I think they should narrow the grille and make the headlights a little longer and it would be super awesomeo--

no man....
"flagship machines are expected to boast more than 400bhp"

:o

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

CaseyNPham

no man....
"flagship machines are expected to boast more than 400bhp"

:o
lyke, omfg!!!11!

That's crazy.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little