Hummer Buggy

Started by BMWDave, May 12, 2005, 03:35:03 PM

BMWDave

Article

Automotive DNA - A Hummer Buggy: What the world needs now
WES RAYNAL
Published Date: 5/9/05
Of all the General Motors divisions, Hummer is the one whose DNA is ?purest.? We know what Hummer stands for?big honkin? trucks. So does that make it the most likely candidate?or the least likely?for a new product outside its realm of expertise? And how would that translate?

How about a dune buggy? ?I?d love one,? Hummer general manager Susan Docherty told AutoWeek. ?I?ve never seen one [inside GM], but I?d love one [for the product lineup].?

It would ?absolutely? be a small, open-top trucklet for the beach, she said. ?Hummer is not something somebody needs, it?s something people want. It?s a third or fourth vehicle in a household. We have to be careful how we build
on that.?

Hummer stands for iconic design and mountain-goat-like off-road ability, Docherty said. ?I can?t make it everything to everybody. It has to be fun and daring. A four-door sedan won?t work. A sports car won?t work.?

Understanding that, what is at the top of Docherty?s wish list? She smiles and says, ?I want a pickup truck and something smaller than the H3.?

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

BMWDave

I think that this is a nice idea, should do well to expand Hummer's lineup.

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

Oh snap!  Fire It Up did the same thing!  :lol:  

Fire It Up

My computer does not update threads.... rokon.gif  <_<  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

BMWDave

QuoteMy computer does not update threads.... rokon.gif  <_<
Dont worry about it...you generated interest in the Buggy.  My topic was falling to the bottom already.

2007 Honda S2000

Fire It Up

QuoteMy computer does not update threads.... rokon.gif  <_<
Dont worry about it...you generated interest in the Buggy.  My topic was falling to the bottom already.
PLEASE tell me nobody posted somethin about the Bentley Continental Flying Spur yet....

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

BMWDave

QuoteMy computer does not update threads.... rokon.gif? <_<
PLEASE tell me nobody posted somethin about the Bentley Continental Flying Spur yet....
Nope!  Youre free to do it!

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

QuoteOh snap!  Fire It Up did the same thing!  :lol:
That thread's gone.  <_<  

BMWDave

QuoteOh snap!  Fire It Up did the same thing!  :lol:
That thread's gone.  <_<
:praise: IFcar, I guessed the car in the GTCG thread.  Check out my answer there.

2007 Honda S2000