06 Silverado facelift

Started by ifcar, August 19, 2005, 07:29:09 PM

TBR

Yeah, I understand that, I am not quite sure why I made that statement especially since even the '05 Tundra has 10 less hp than the Silverado (IIRC).

ifcar

That sounds about right, but the Tundra may have an odd-number hp figure now (something like 281). I'll look it up. :)

ifcar

QuoteThat sounds about right, but the Tundra may have an odd-number hp figure now (something like 281). I'll look it up. :)
Silverado 4.8: 285 hp, 295 tq
Silverado 5.3: 295 hp, 335 tq
Tundra 4.7: 282 hp, 325 tq

footoflead

QuoteThat sounds about right, but the Tundra may have an odd-number hp figure now (something like 281). I'll look it up. :)
Silverado 4.8: 285 hp, 295 tq
Silverado 5.3: 295 hp, 335 tq
Tundra 4.7: 282 hp, 325 tq
The Silverado may not be as powerful as ford or as nice, but i opened our truck up slightly (still in tranny break in period :rolleyes: ) and it hauled butt pretty good considering the thorttle pos. ...

Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

TBR

I agree, they are plenty fast, but a lot of people actually look at other trucks when they shop and for those people a Silverado might seem lackluster in the handling, power, rigidity, towing, and quality departments.

footoflead

QuoteI agree, they are plenty fast, but a lot of people actually look at other trucks when they shop and for those people a Silverado might seem lackluster in the handling, power, rigidity, towing, and quality departments.
Whats wrong with the towing and power...its only 5hp less than ford( :rolleyes: ) (the 05 version)
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

TBR

QuoteI agree, they are plenty fast, but a lot of people actually look at other trucks when they shop and for those people a Silverado might seem lackluster in the handling, power, rigidity, towing, and quality departments.
Whats wrong with the towing and power...its only 5hp less than ford( :rolleyes: ) (the 05 version)
The F-150 ain't too hot at towing either compared to the Titan and Ram.