06 Silverado facelift

Started by ifcar, August 19, 2005, 07:29:09 PM

ifcar

TBR

Yeah, they just have the same front the  2005 HD Silverados had, nothing special.

footoflead

I saw one in green (i think) at our local dealership...they look nice..a slight improvment from the squinty look..the only thing i dont like about the '05...
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raghavan

the bulge on the hood looks cheap.

Tom

bobwill

Okay, I don't follow trucks, but I wouldn't be able to tell an 05 from an 06.

Tom

Not that it bothers me, as it is a nice design, but this freakin interior is old as dirt!  Every other truck blows it away in interior materials and quality.

bobwill

Huh, they have a DVD entertainment system in the roof.  Any other pickups have that?

Secret Chimp

Looks way better, but it wouldn't have looked so weird in the first place if they did a more exact transfer of the Avalanche's front end.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

ifcar

QuoteHuh, they have a DVD entertainment system in the roof.  Any other pickups have that?
I'm pretty sure it's available on all other full-size trucks as well, on the high-end versions.  

footoflead

QuoteNot that it bothers me, as it is a nice design, but this freakin interior is old as dirt!  Every other truck blows it away in interior materials and quality.

Mabye...But we are very satisfied with our trucks interiour..Its not as bad as you guys are thinking it is...and i think the front end of ours is kinda growing on me...

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

TBR

Compared to all of the other fullsize trucks it is pretty bad.

footoflead

QuoteCompared to all of the other fullsize trucks it is pretty bad.
:rolleyes: yea

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

TBR

Why the :rolleyes:? Most people will agree that that statement is correct:
F-150:

Ram:

Titan:

Tundra

Don't even try to tell me that those aren't better than this:

BMWDave

The F-150 looks better when the transmission is in the center:

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

SJ_GTI

QuoteWhy the :rolleyes:? Most people will agree that that statement is correct:
F-150:

Ram:

Titan:

Tundra

Don't even try to tell me that those aren't better than this:
The Titan and Ford look better, but the Tundra looks worse and the Ram looks about the same.

TBR

I'll agree that the Tundra's isn't too great (though still no worse than the Silverado's) but I think the Ram's is much better than the Silverados.

footoflead

QuoteI'll agree that the Tundra's isn't too great (though still no worse than the Silverado's) but I think the Ram's is much better than the Silverados.
I think the tundra's alot worse than the silverados...the ram is about the same...

Whats wrong with the Silverado's interior....Sure the F150 might look good because its all in leather, but seriously whats wrong with the Silverado's?

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

TBR

It isn't as nice as its competitors, that is the problem. I personally think it is fine for a truck and wouldn't hesitate to buy a GM truck/suv because of that interior, but others feel differently and it is a simple fact that compared to its competitors it isn't very good.  

footoflead

QuoteIt isn't as nice as its competitors, that is the problem. I personally think it is fine for a truck and wouldn't hesitate to buy a GM truck/suv because of that interior, but others feel differently and it is a simple fact that compared to its competitors it isn't very good.
I agree...If your buying a truck just to drive around and mabye once a year haul something then a ford or something else is better for you...but for my family, who uses our truck everyday to both a daily driver and a work horse almost everyday the silverado meets our needs easily B)  :rockon: ....

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

ifcar

The Tundra interior isn't pretty, but they at least used some good materials, and they put them together well. The Silverado interior isn't pretty, uses the cheapest materials available, and doesn't have very good panel fit or alignment.

It's far from a bad truck, but it has a terrible interior. Almost inarguably.

Colonel Cadillac

Why are you argueing about the interior? They are not going to do a damn thing to the interior if a brand new truck is coming out in MY '07. This is just to make people think the truck is new, so they go out and buy it thinking they have the new best thing. Without this facelift, I bet sales would be pretty dull this year.  

mazda6er

QuoteWhy are you argueing about the interior? They are not going to do a damn thing to the interior if a brand new truck is coming out in MY '07. This is just to make people think the truck is new, so they go out and buy it thinking they have the new best thing. Without this facelift, I bet sales would be pretty dull this year.
Pretty sure that they only changed the grille, and the casual observer will have no idea there's a difference, so I wouldn't expect any sales gains because of this.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

280Z Turbo

QuoteThe Tundra interior isn't pretty, but they at least used some good materials, and they put them together well. The Silverado interior isn't pretty, uses the cheapest materials available, and doesn't have very good panel fit or alignment.

If you grew up with American cars, you won't mind it.

giant_mtb

The Silverado's interior is old and aging, but it isn't a bad interior, IMO.  It is compared to its competitors, but I don't mind it.

ifcar

QuoteThe Tundra interior isn't pretty, but they at least used some good materials, and they put them together well. The Silverado interior isn't pretty, uses the cheapest materials available, and doesn't have very good panel fit or alignment.

If you grew up with American cars, you won't mind it.
I did. And I do.

One shouldn't have lower standards just because they were always around cars that met lower standards.

TBR

QuoteIt isn't as nice as its competitors, that is the problem. I personally think it is fine for a truck and wouldn't hesitate to buy a GM truck/suv because of that interior, but others feel differently and it is a simple fact that compared to its competitors it isn't very good.
I agree...If your buying a truck just to drive around and mabye once a year haul something then a ford or something else is better for you...but for my family, who uses our truck everyday to both a daily driver and a work horse almost everyday the silverado meets our needs easily B)  :rockon: ....
You act as if the competition's trucks wouldn't have also met your needs just as well, if not better (in the case of the Ram and Titan that is, the Tundra and F-150 don't have the same level of 00mph as the Silverado does).

And, the grill and hood are both new.

ifcar

The Tundra can't tow as much as the Silverado, but with the 05 powertrain upgrade it's quicker.

TBR

Yeah, the Tundra has more HP but the Silverado has more torque IIRC.

ifcar

I'm talking about actual acceleration here, not power specs. And BTW, the Tundra is lighter as well, ranging from about 100 to 400 lbs, depending on the version.