ZOMG! Jeep Panda!

Started by the Teuton, November 04, 2009, 03:23:39 PM

the Teuton

Well, not exactly. It's appropriately called the Jeep Phoenix. BUT I WANT IT!

--------------------

It comes as little surprise that Jeep is looking beyond its current Patriot and Compass models, which have, to put it mildly, underperformed in the burgeoning compact CUV market. While the two concepts had lots of potential, the actual production ComPatriot twins were deemed uncompetitive with class leaders right when they were launched.

As such, the two models are both destined to meet their makers after the 2012 model, to be replaced by a single model sourced from Fiat. Can you say Panda (the image above is just a possible rendering, not a production car)? It's also worth noting that the iconic Wranger will get mild makeovers for both the 2010 and 2011 model years along with what seems likely to be a special 70th Anniversary Wranger for 2011.

Across the line, all Jeeps will reportedly come with an optional Trail Rated package, which means no more on-road only models like the Compass are likely to dilute the Jeep brand. That edict includes the new Grand Cherokee, and Jeep says the Trail Rated Grand Cherokee has already successfully tackled the legendary Rubicon Trail and Moab.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/04/jeep-patriot-and-compass-being-replaced-by-models-from-fiat-p/

:wub:
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

ifcar

I think that's an old chop, not any sort of official photo.

TBR

Yeah, definitely a chop, but Chrysler's 5 year plan does include a SUV smaller than the Compass/Patriot based on a Fiat platform:

2o6

WookieOnRitalin

So the Patriot and Compass are dying, but being combined and revived by Fiat in some way?

So we get:

Small SUV
Compact SUV
Wrangler
Liberty
Grand Cherokee

Is that correct?
1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

Laconian

Whoo, 70th Anniversary Calibers for everybody! Will they injection mold a "70th" insignia into the silvery dashboard plastic?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

cawimmer430

That's actually a Fiat Panda CROSS 4x4, not a Fiat Panda.

Man, I am a smartass.  :praise:

So it's a photoshop, eh? Any plans for Fiat to introduce this in the US?
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

2o6

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 05, 2009, 07:56:58 AM
That's actually a Fiat Panda CROSS 4x4, not a Fiat Panda.

Man, I am a smartass.  :praise:

So it's a photoshop, eh? Any plans for Fiat to introduce this in the US?

That's what it's known as in Germany. Elsewhere it's simply Panda 4x4.

Chrysler/Fiat wants to bring some iteration of it to the US, but I'm not too sure as what.

cawimmer430

Quote from: 2o6 on November 06, 2009, 02:08:35 PM
That's what it's known as in Germany. Elsewhere it's simply Panda 4x4.

Why do they always sell the coolest car names in Germany?  :devil:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie