GTCC #730

Started by Eye of the Tiger, November 13, 2009, 11:23:03 PM

Pancor

It has to be mid-engined, because the shift linkage comes from in front of the engine, yet the transaxle is still behind.   Gotta be one of those little tiny Jap trucks....

Payman

Eye of the Tiger

Just forget I ever said anything about the cab. It's not a truck.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Payman

Quote from: NACar on November 17, 2009, 04:52:18 PM
Just forget I ever said anything about the cab. It's not a truck.

Is it a fucking Lada or not?  :heated:

2o6

Eye of the Tiger

Nothing even close. You guys are ice cold.

2o6

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on November 17, 2009, 04:56:45 PM
Honda Z?

I don't even know what that is.

I said it was nothing exotic, not for an American.

2o6

Eye of the Tiger

Pancor

Eye of the Tiger

I have never seen a a Transit on the roads here.

2o6

Pancor

Quote from: NACar on November 17, 2009, 05:04:46 PM
I have never seen a a Transit on the roads here.

Yes or no?? :hammerhead:

Eye of the Tiger

Payman

Chevette?

Ack, scratch that.  :facepalm:

I'm stumped.  :huh:

93JC

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

CJ

Surprised nobody has said it yet...

TOYOTA YARIS?

BimmerM3

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

93JC

:praise:

Just kept thinking of front-drive cars with north-south engines, and I realized no one guessed a Chrysler LH car.

the Teuton

Why does that car look like it had an AWD option, even though it never did?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

93JC

LH was designed to be 'flexible': it could accommodate front, rear and all-wheel-drive. They just never took advantage of it.

Many of the original chassis mules used Eagle Premier bodies with a 360 V8 underneath the hood, powering the rear wheels.

The original design for the LX chassis was based on LH, but when Daimler took over they threw it out and insisted developing a new chassis from scratch incorporating Mercedes-Benz parts.

Eye of the Tiger

As a side note, I happen to be rebuilding this particular A606 transaxle, and the fucking input clutch assembly alone is a beast. I never imagined they could fit so many different snap rings, clutch discs, and clutch pistons all in one little cylinder, but they did.

93JC

I've heard the A606, while fundamentally similar in many respects to the transverse A604, is several times more complicated to work on. :lol:

Also, someone else can take the next one. I don't have time.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 93JC on November 18, 2009, 02:23:49 PM
I've heard the A606, while fundamentally similar in many respects to the transverse A604, is several times more complicated to work on. :lol:

Also, someone else can take the next one. I don't have time.

So far, I have printed out around 200-300 pages of procedures from Alldata, and my 3-ring binder can no longer close. Need to upgrade to one of those giant 3-inch ones.
:banghead:

the Teuton

Quote from: 93JC on November 18, 2009, 08:19:59 AM
LH was designed to be 'flexible': it could accommodate front, rear and all-wheel-drive. They just never took advantage of it.

Many of the original chassis mules used Eagle Premier bodies with a 360 V8 underneath the hood, powering the rear wheels.

The original design for the LX chassis was based on LH, but when Daimler took over they threw it out and insisted developing a new chassis from scratch incorporating Mercedes-Benz parts.

That's a shame. Chrysler was once an innovation leader in the industry. That didn't seem to last too long.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on November 18, 2009, 04:23:51 PM
That's a shame. Chrysler was once an innovation leader in the industry. That didn't seem to last too long.

Let's just hope they do some badge innovating and turn some Fiat 500 Abarth's into Dodge Omni GLH's...