Video: my racing accident

Started by 280Z Turbo, November 29, 2009, 07:44:55 PM

280Z Turbo

I finally got video of my accident. The shit hits the fan at around 2:20.

http://s959.photobucket.com/albums/ae75/qjohn_album/?action=view&current=FILE0008a.flv

Early apexing FTL. :facepalm:

MX793

What kind of car was the camera car?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

J86

Oops!  Glad you were apparently uninjured.  Car repaired?

Looks like the camera care was some kind of BMW?

280Z Turbo

E36 325i, I believe

The car is toast

CALL_911

That's a nice E36.

Yeah, that wasn't pretty.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Rupert

Zoicks!

I thought you were racing a VW, or was that a long time ago?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Psilos on November 29, 2009, 08:55:59 PM
Zoicks!

I thought you were racing a VW, or was that a long time ago?

That was a while ago. I'd been running the Mazda for almost two seasons.

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

280Z Turbo

I was fine, this happened in September.

Would you believe that the car still drove too! And didn't leak either! It didn't track straight anymore.

Rupert

Geesh, wow. That looked like a pretty solid hit, for sure. Did you drive it off the track? :lol:

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Psilos on November 29, 2009, 10:09:42 PM
Geesh, wow. That looked like a pretty solid hit, for sure. Did you drive it off the track? :lol:

No. I got to ride in an ambulance.

sportyaccordy

Damn that was a tough hit. Glad you're OK. What's next? Please say SBC FC.

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

r0tor

study the line of that chase guy as it was pretty nice.

Sorry about the accident and losing the car... thats what I like about my go-kart racing - when i lose concentration and screw up, it hurts when I smack the wall but you can keep on driving...
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

280Z Turbo

I'm never going to Milwaukee Mile ever again. That's a shitty track with zero runoff room. 7 cars got smashed up that weekend.

I don't know what the fuck I was doing in the middle of the track. I know better than to do that. :facepalm: Watching it over and over again is very upsetting.

I think I misjudged the radius and was thinking it was a lot more gradual.

Eye of the Tiger

Nice cloud of dirt. That's awesome.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Catman

Really snapped loose without much warning.  Did you get on the gas too hard? 

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Catman on November 30, 2009, 08:03:37 PM

LOL, I don't think that rotary has enough power to break the rear end loose like that. Looks like he hit the brakes mid-turn.

280Z Turbo

Welcome to the world of racing slicks.

They grip really really good...and then they're gone. They don't fool around like street tires.

giant_mtb

NomisR

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on November 30, 2009, 08:10:24 PM
Welcome to the world of racing slicks.

They grip really really good...and then they're gone. They don't fool around like street tires.

Wait.. what did you do?  Did you let off the throttle? 

Or did you do a n00b move like I did once.. went through a turn completely off the gas.. :lol:  Not pretty...  good thing the west coast tracks all have plenty of run offs, and rocks too..

GoCougs

cawimmer430

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on November 29, 2009, 10:10:40 PM
No. I got to ride in an ambulance.

How did that baby handle? What was the 0-60 time? 1/4 mile time? Skidpad numbers? Dude, tell us!!!  :lol:

Man, that sucks about the car.  :frown:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

280Z Turbo

Quote from: NomisR on December 01, 2009, 11:17:42 AM
Wait.. what did you do?  Did you let off the throttle? 

Or did you do a n00b move like I did once.. went through a turn completely off the gas.. :lol:  Not pretty...  good thing the west coast tracks all have plenty of run offs, and rocks too..

I don't remember letting up, and the video seems to confirm that. I had the pedal to the floor until the car started to spin.

NomisR

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on December 01, 2009, 01:45:34 PM
I don't remember letting up, and the video seems to confirm that. I had the pedal to the floor until the car started to spin.

I just looked at the video again.. I still can't tell how your rear end stepped out..

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: NomisR on December 01, 2009, 02:26:20 PM
I just looked at the video again.. I still can't tell how your rear end stepped out..

Hit by an invisible race car.

NomisR

Ahh yes, I see it.. an invisble swift!!

Eye of the Tiger