Pictures of my new car

Started by Onslaught, December 01, 2009, 08:56:57 PM

Onslaught

Took some time for me to get any Pictures after my camera blew up last night. This is the 2009 RX-8 R3 I got last night for about 26K after tax, tag and all that good stuff . So far so good once I figured out why my horn didn't work. Was driving home and a deer was in the road and I hit the horn and nothing. Got home to look at the fuse and they had taken it out for some reason. Must have missed that in the NC inspection they did right before handing me the keys. Why would a dealer take the fuse out unless the alarm was going off or something in the show room?

So far I love it. It's not too harsh but has less body roll then a normal RX-8. I fit in the seats fine but my friends are all too fat. They can go on a diet. I've got to learn how to use the satellite radio,  and bluetooth phone stuff tonight. I've not broken in the motor so I can't give a full review on how she runs. I do know that corners I took the the MX-5 at 50-55 I can now take at 70 without even a tire chirp.

Minpin

Looks damn good! If you have XM these are the channels I browse normally: 6,7,8,9,41,46,55,86,and the espn stations for sports.

Congrats!
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

TBR

Minpin

Quote from: TBR on December 01, 2009, 09:04:17 PM
Mazda uses sirius.

He still gets the channels then, just with different numbers.  :ohyeah:
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

the Teuton

Does this mean your effeminate roadster will be going away?

Congrats on the new car.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

TBR

Quote from: Minpin on December 01, 2009, 09:07:02 PM
He still gets the channels then, just with different numbers.  :ohyeah:

Yep :huh:

Onslaught

Quote from: the Teuton on December 01, 2009, 09:10:29 PM
Does this mean your effeminate roadster will be going away?

Congrats on the new car.
No. The MX-5 will be staying. Probably even after this car is gone.

the Teuton

Quote from: Onslaught on December 01, 2009, 09:37:39 PM

:rockon:
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

TBR

Quote from: Onslaught on December 01, 2009, 09:37:39 PM

Excellent. Great car btw, even though the changes were small I think the facelifted RX-8 looks much better (if only they would ditch the mustache it would be perfect)

Onslaught

Quote from: TBR on December 01, 2009, 09:44:31 PM
Excellent. Great car btw, even though the changes were small I think the facelifted RX-8 looks much better (if only they would ditch the mustache it would be perfect)
I like both the original and 09-up RX-8. But I don't like the grille as much on mine as I do the originals. I'm thinking the dumb mustache could be for the long european tags.
I recall seeing them bitch about not having a place to bolt their tags to on the first one in their mags. But that's just a wild guess from me. Or perhaps someone at Mazda thinks it looks good.

TBR

I assume it's textured plastic (and therefore it wouldn't match the exterior if painted), is there a fiberglass or smooth plastic aftermarket alternative?

Onslaught

Quote from: TBR on December 01, 2009, 09:50:36 PM
I assume it's textured plastic (and therefore it wouldn't match the exterior if painted), is there a fiberglass or smooth plastic aftermarket alternative?
Textured. I've not had an 09 in the shop yet so I'm not sure if the mesh and mustache are all one pice. But it looks like they are.
I've not seen any after market bumpers for the 09's. Not even a MAZDASPEED one is for sale here even if they showed one a year
ago.

I've somehow developed the ability to walk by it without seeing it. Probably like a parent of an ugly kid who still thinks their cute.

Vinsanity

dude that's a smoking deal for a sharp car! :ohyeah:

The Pirate

Looks fantastic!  I love the color and the wheels.

Mazda really does make a special car.  I put new brakes, tires and sway bar end-links on my car last week, and fell in love all over again. 
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Laconian

Do rotary engines have a breakin period?

Your car is beautiful. That's my favorite color on them. It's both sporty and sophisticated, which seems to jibe with your mellowing tastes in cars :lol:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Onslaught

Quote from: Laconian on December 01, 2009, 09:59:07 PM
Do rotary engines have a breakin period?

The book says you should take it easy for the first 600. I always take it kind of easy the first 1K on any car I've had and try not to stay at one speed forever.
That's not to say I've not heard the red line "beep" a few times today.  :devil:

Rupert

Nice! Congrats!

I didn't think you'd ever do it.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

CALL_911

Crap, DO WANT.

Congratulations!

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

GoCougs

WOW - that is quite a color.

Price sounds shockingly cheap.

CALL_911

Is the break-in procedure any different for a rotary than it is for a normal piston engine?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

BimmerM3

Looks great man! :ohyeah:

Too bad you're keeping the Miata. I was going to consider making an offer on it. :lol:

SVT666

I love the R3.  That's sweet man.  Very sweet.

mzziaz

Congrats man!

Nice car, and being that you work on cars for a living, you can replace the engine yourself when it craps out at like 30k miles.  ;)  j/k
Cuore Sportivo

omicron

Well I'll be - the smiley grille almost suits that car!

An excellent choice.

omicron

Quote from: Onslaught on December 01, 2009, 09:55:45 PM
Textured. I've not had an 09 in the shop yet so I'm not sure if the mesh and mustache are all one pice. But it looks like they are.
I've not seen any after market bumpers for the 09's. Not even a MAZDASPEED one is for sale here even if they showed one a year
ago.

I've somehow developed the ability to walk by it without seeing it. Probably like a parent of an ugly kid who still thinks their cute.

May I present the buck-tooth Australian version:

The slimline black numberplates are the only solution:

Onslaught

Quote from: mzziaz on December 02, 2009, 12:27:14 AM
Congrats man!

Nice car, and being that you work on cars for a living, you can replace the engine yourself when it craps out at like 30k miles.  ;)  j/k
Hell no. That' what the warranty's for. I probably should have them order me a few so they'll be ready when needed.

sportyaccordy

The car looks great man. Enjoy it! Sounds like you like it. I gotta drive one of these and see what the hoopla's about

r0tor

Quote from: Onslaught on December 01, 2009, 09:55:45 PM
ago.

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

r0tor

I love the R3 wheels, absolutely dont like the new steering wheel or gauges... engine upgrades are a huge bonus... styling, eh the R3 looks pretty good while the regular ones I perfer my gen

have fun once the 600 miles is up!!!
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

S204STi