Has anyone driven a Tacoma with a manual?

Started by 280Z Turbo, August 21, 2005, 10:50:30 PM

280Z Turbo

This is actually a big concern for me. When I was at the Auto Show this winter, I sat in the new Tacoma. It felt very nice, but when I pushed the clutch in, the heel of my foot rubbed the floor. I took out the floor mat and it still rubbed. My dad tried it with his size 9s and had the same problem!

I don't think I could drive that truck everyday with something like that. Has anyone else experienced this?

ifcar

It's not easy to find a manual Tacoma, but I'll look around. In the meantime, I'd look for a review, I'm pretty sure C/D reviewed a manual Tacoma, and I'm sure there are others.  

Tom

QuoteIt's not easy to find a manual Tacoma, but I'll look around. In the meantime, I'd look for a review, I'm pretty sure C/D reviewed a manual Tacoma, and I'm sure there are others.
Really?  They seems to take the highest optioned trucks, but I may have missed a review or two.

TBR

C/D did indeed test a manual transmission Tacoma, it was a Crew Cab 4wd V6 SR5 model.

Tom

QuoteC/D did indeed test a manual transmission Tacoma, it was a Crew Cab 4wd V6 SR5 model.
Oh :rockon:  

MaxPower

I drive a 2000 Tacoma stick shift every day and don't have that problem.  I wear 10.5 shoe size.  But mine's the previous generation Tacoma so demsions are probably different now.