Nissan Qashqai facelift!

Started by 2o6, December 04, 2009, 08:47:26 PM

2o6

I really like this. It's a better looking vehicle than the Rogue.

Pre-facelift

S204STi

Holy crap, a Nissan facelift that actually works!

J86

Xer0

omicron

A forgettable, anonymous vehicle, really. Save money and buy a good small car like a 3 or Golf.

2o6

Quote from: omicron on December 06, 2009, 07:37:23 AM
A forgettable, anonymous vehicle, really. Save money and buy a good small car like a 3 or Golf.

That defeats the purpose.

omicron

Quote from: 2o6 on December 06, 2009, 09:47:09 AM

That defeats the purpose.

Beyond a higher driving position, I don't see what the purpose is.

2o6

Quote from: omicron on December 06, 2009, 09:54:55 AM
Beyond a higher driving position, I don't see what the purpose is.

More space, ground clearance that'll get you out of sticky situations.....at least in the US.

Submariner

Quote from: 2o6 on December 06, 2009, 10:06:33 AM

More space, ground clearance that'll get you out of sticky situations.....at least in the US.

For all the people who find themselves stuck in ruts along the side of the highway?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

SVT666

It's nice, but I fear it will end up like most Nissans lately, and it won't age well.

2o6

Quote from: Submariner on December 06, 2009, 10:53:24 AM
For all the people who find themselves stuck in ruts along the side of the highway?

Or, when it snows and your wheels won't touch the ground because the ruts are too deep.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

omicron

You could probably hit pedestrians more easily with this car - the higher seating position allows for imbeciles to be spotted quickly, and the extra ground clearance means that you can put a wheel up in the flowerbed whilst in hot pursuit.

ifcar

Quote from: omicron on December 06, 2009, 06:55:21 PM
You could probably hit pedestrians more easily with this car - the higher seating position allows for imbeciles to be spotted quickly, and the extra ground clearance means that you can put a wheel up in the flowerbed whilst in hot pursuit.

-If this car drive into a group of gypsies, will there be any damage to the car?
-It depends on how hard you hit them and all that.
-HARD!
-Hard? Um. If somebody rolls on the windshield, they could crack your windshield.
-How fast do I need to go to guarantee I kill them?
-Let me tell you something, with this vehicle here probably doing 35-45 miles per hour will do it.
-Great!

Payman

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: omicron on December 06, 2009, 07:37:23 AM

Disagree.  The Qashqai was a massive hit for Nissan.  They ended up producing over twice what they had forecast to make, at the peak of its production.  Those aren't Golf numbers, but impressive considering Nissan were on a slump in that market before that.  Not sure what numbers are like now since I no longer work for the company but I think anonymous is a bit harsh.

The Qashqai was a trend setter in the C segment - notice the likes of Ford, Peugeot, Skoda and even BMW have followed since.

You say buy a Mazda 3 or Golf instead.  Well, turning the question around, why buy one of those when you can have a Qashqai?  It's great value, very well built, and on the road it feels a lot more expensive than the price would suggest.  It's also more stylish than either (the Golf VI is basically a rehash of the bland Mk V and the 3 is compromised by THAT grille).

The Qashqai is not to everyone's taste but give credit where it's due.