Is this shoddy work or is it just me?

Started by J86, December 08, 2009, 04:49:09 PM

J86

So last night some jerkoff ripped the rear license plate off the back of my car while it was parked in my driveway.  Called the cops at about 930-945 this morning when I noticed it. (Didn't want to, figure it's probably some fuckhead college kid, but just in case it is some ass looking to commit a real crime I figured I oughtta call it in.)  They said someone would come down...someone showed up at 115-130.  OK, fine, they said it might take awhile and New Orleans has some real problems that need solving.

BUT

So guys come down, nice enough, but had NO CLUE wtf they were doing!  Took my name, info, car info, and Dad's info (car is registered in his name) for good measure.  They gave me a piece of paper so WHEN I get pulled over (they put my plates into the system) hopefully I don't get shot.  Then they go on their way.  About an hour later I get a phone call from one of the officers asking for some of the same info I gave them when they were here.  Now I JUST got off the phone with the same officer asking for the VIN, year, make, and model of the car!  (And the damn license plate number.)  Is this SOP?  Or did I just happen to get some dude who probably lost the paperwork before the end of his shift....TWICE.  Jesus... I hope to hell the 'hall pass' they gave me is valid...until I get new plates sent down.  (Need a copy of the police report for my DMV to issue me new tags... New Orleans says 14-21 days until the report becomes available... 

TurboDan

Quote from: J86 on December 08, 2009, 04:49:09 PM
They said someone would come down...someone showed up at 115-130.  OK, fine, they said it might take awhile and New Orleans has some real problems that need solving.

It wasn't Reserve Deputy Chief Steven Seagal of the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office, was it?  :lol:

S204STi

Quote from: TurboDan on December 08, 2009, 06:33:52 PM
It wasn't Reserve Deputy Chief Steven Seagal of the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office, was it?  :lol:

Perhaps Jay Santos of the Citizen's Auxiliary Police?